Any storm 2 users that are using the Slingbox notice that you only get about 5 seconds of using the app before the video freezes. I still get the audio but the video is freezing up. Has anyone found a fix for this? I started experiencing this problem after the new OS upgrade.
    05-05-10 01:29 PM
    It was never great but it has been terrible since 607 and even using OOAK's 669 hybrid. When I can get it to play longer, I can not use the keyboard to change the channel 320, 428, and 517 had no such issues.
    05-05-10 01:51 PM
    I am keeping hope alive that someone will come up with a fix. I really love my storm 2 but my job is one that i need to watch my slingbox with my phone and I hate to say it but I may have to switch phones if Sling, Berry and Verizon don't come up with something.
    05-05-10 02:39 PM
    I am keeping hope alive that someone will come up with a fix. I really love my storm 2 but my job is one that i need to watch my slingbox with my phone and I hate to say it but I may have to switch phones if Sling, Berry and Verizon don't come up with something.
    If I had to guess, it's Verizon that's holding us back here. None of their models are listed as supported for the BB client. I can understand bandwidth concerns, but even a WIFI-only app would at least be something.

Frankly, I've always had problems with it as well--video either freezes shortly after loading, or when I attempt to change a channel or access controls (which is a pain in the @$$ anyway using compatibility mode).

An actual Storm app that could utilize the full screen is what we really need.
    05-05-10 04:40 PM
    I have been tempted to buy slingbox for use on my storm...... but after reading this post...... no way I am going to spend that kind of money for it to not work well at all
    05-05-10 07:41 PM
    I have been tempted to buy slingbox for use on my storm...... but after reading this post...... no way I am going to spend that kind of money for it to not work well at all
    I love my Slingbox -- it's a great piece of hardware and I use it all the time (via laptop)...but yeah, if you're looking to be able to use it with your Storm you'll be disappointed.
    05-06-10 09:49 AM
    The Sling SPM actually worked OK with the Pearl/Curve build before the latest OS upgrade. I don't know what in the new build is causing the video to freeze up but yet let the audio continue to play. I don't know who is at fault (Sling or Verizon) for their not being an app for the Storm but if AT&T has finally allowed an app for the Iphone then why can't Verizon see fit to follow suit. The Droid is about to get a Sling app (on Verizon) so why can't the Storm? Maybe RIM is the one to blame! I don't know.
    05-06-10 12:25 PM
    I talked to a Sling Customer Service rep about a month and a half ago, and according to them, Sling isn't working on a version for the Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD