02-27-09 06:18 PM
30 12
tools
    i searched the forums and couldnt find anything.. buti know from what people are saying that the pro hd doesnt work with the storm. i was wondering about the solo? anyone have it and working?
    02-26-09 10:00 AM
    Non of the Slings work on the Storm yet, hopefully it is coming soon according to their site
    02-26-09 10:07 AM
    That is untrue! I have sling working on my storm as we speak!

Non of the Slings work on the Storm yet, hopefully it is coming soon according to their site
    02-26-09 10:29 AM
    That is untrue! I have sling working on my storm as we speak!
    Great, could you let me know how to get it to work before i spend the $30 bucks, they say its not supported yet, maybe you could elaborate on this for me
    Thanks
    Joe
    02-26-09 11:15 AM
    There is no official version yet for the Storm. I'm using the BB Pearl version on the Storm and it at least works but it was made for trackball BB phones. Can't wait for the Storm version that lets you use the whole screen.
    02-26-09 11:31 AM
    There is no official version yet for the Storm. I'm using the BB Pearl version on the Storm and it at least works but it was made for trackball BB phones. Can't wait for the Storm version that lets you use the whole screen.
    Is it pretty easy to use (or i should say operate and change channels without a trackball) and setup, and what about battery drain
    02-26-09 11:56 AM
    yes yes... but what about the solo working with the storm
    02-26-09 08:24 PM
    Yes Mobile SlingPlayer BB Pearl version DOES work on Storm, when using the Slingbox Solo. The picture will only be 1/2 screen. And navigating is designed for a trackball, and its a little challenging on the Storm. Picture quality is pretty good IMO. Video is choppy, as it pauses to download more of the video stream. Overall it is better than nothing.
    02-26-09 09:25 PM
    To get things to work, first thing you need to do is properly setup the Slingbox Solo (it does not work with the Slingbox Pro HD). The key in my experience is to configure the router properly for port forwarding. This will allow for remote viewing over the internet. This was the part I struggled with, but Sling Customer Support helped me solve the problem.
    02-26-09 09:31 PM
    Yes Mobile SlingPlayer BB Pearl version DOES work on Storm, when using the Slingbox Solo. The picture will only be 1/2 screen. And navigating is designed for a trackball, and its a little challenging on the Storm. Picture quality is pretty good IMO. Video is choppy, as it pauses to download more of the video stream. Overall it is better than nothing.
    Ok, but how did you get it? When I attempt to download it it recognizes my phone as a Storm and tells me that I cant get it?

Thanks.
    02-26-09 09:31 PM
    When you set up your Slingbox, you will have to set up an account with Sling Media.

The second thing you need to do is download Mobile SlingPlayer (Curve/Pearl version). At this time no Storm version is available.

The address is below and must be typed in the the BB Browser exactly. It is case sensitive and must be exact to work.

download.slingmedia.com/player/mobile/bbbeta503/US/SlingPlayer_def_EN_US.jad
    Last edited by buckifvr; 02-26-09 at 09:40 PM.
    02-26-09 09:36 PM
    Once you get it installed, set the app to "enable compatibility mode"

Then simply start your app. Login to your SlingMedia account. Select your Slingbox and click connect.
    02-26-09 09:43 PM
    Thanks buckifvr, i'll give it a try, i appreciate you're help
    Joe
    02-26-09 10:26 PM
    Gatewayad, you are very welcome. I struggled with this too, so I know how you feel. If you need any more help just let me know and I'll do my best to help you out
    02-26-09 10:29 PM
    i can get everywhere... except I cannot connect to my slingbox... I just have the regular slingbox.... is that an issue? I keep getting the error that says password is not set for this slingbox. Please use slingplayer 2.0/windows to set password... I have no idea what that means? Any help would be appreciated!
    02-26-09 10:44 PM
    Go to Sling Medias website and download and install the latest Sling Player for your computer. That should be 2.0. During the install it will ask that you provide a password. Also it is key that you configure your network router for remote viewing through the internet. On the router setup you need to enable port forwarding for port 5001.
    02-26-09 10:53 PM
    Slingbox is still a beta for BlackBerry platform. Yes you can get it to work on the Storm using the Curve/Pearl platform but it is not supported at all and it is still in Beta.

Do not spend the $30 on the key right now since there is no reason to and it is still in beta. I have had it working on my Slingbox Tuner model. Dont worry about the time limit, it has been reset twice now since it was released and probably will continue to keep reseting until it comes out of beta. From MegaZone on SlingCommunity " January 2, 2009 10:15 AM - We're not giving out any dates just yet. I recommend not buying a key until SPM BB is out of beta. But if you do buy one it will continue to work in the eventual official release."

Check out the Sling Community forums for BlackBerry.

Also the specific one for the Storm

There are also been like a couple other threads posted in CB since I remember replying to them as well.

As far as not being able to connect you may need to set something up under options in your web account but cannot remember what it is. I believe someone mentioned it in the Storm Forums in the sling community. If I remember what it is exactly I will let you know but I think it is something you need to setup through Slingplayer 2.0 desktop version I believe. I could be wrong.

Also from the top portion of the Storm Sling Community thread

The SPM for Blackberry does work on the Blackberry Storm.

You will need to be running OS v4.7.0.83 or higher (I am successfully running .85) on the Blackberry Storm 9530.

You can find instructions to upgrade your device OS here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

You can find a copy of 4.7.0.85 here: (this is a leaked OS so install at your own risk)
    OS 4.7.0.85 Leaked for the BlackBerry Storm 9530! | CrackBerry.com

To install the SPM, using your Blackberry Browser (not Opera Mini) type in the following URL:
    http://download.slingmedia.com/playe..._def_EN_US.jad
    download and then run the application. This is the Pearl/Curve version of SPM.

Recognize that the application will be running in Compatibility Mode. This means the device is simulating trackball motions, you need to drag your finger up and down and side to side to imitate the motion of scrolling from one selection to the next and clicking the screen simulates a trackball click.

The application works on both Verizon's EVDO and AT&T's EDGE (from my first hand knowledge). If you are using AT&T you need to input the correct APN into the SPM's settings. The APN for AT&T & T-Mobile are:
    AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    T-Mobile
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Blank Username and Password

The only issue I am currently encountering is the inability to Sling from a Slingbox Pro-HD. I am successfully Slinging from a Slingbox Tuner. I have also successfully connected to a Slingbox Solo.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by jdkluck; 02-26-09 at 11:03 PM.
    02-26-09 10:57 PM
    ok... I am guessing I can't do it since I have a mac.... I have the current sling player for it and it isn't 2.0... I guess I will have to wait.. Thanks for your help!
    02-26-09 11:01 PM
    Megazone from SlingCommunity is pretty good and very helpful. I saw this post there and maybe this is what you may need to do but BuckIfvr could be right and correct as well.

From SlingCommunity Forum
    zerog6 said: Is there any way to change the address the SPM connects to the slingbox with? As in using either the slingfinder id or a direct ip? I've always used a direct ip to avoid raising any red flags with the carrier, but I can't find the option to change it on this one.

When you edit the Slingbox information in SP2.0 on the desktop (Slingbox Directory -> Edit - not the Setup Assistant) there is a checkbox to configure direct connection and set the IP or DNS to use. That will carry over to SPM BB via Sling Accounts. (I have two Slingboxes and I set one to direct connect - on the BB I see the info for that one shows my DNS and port, while the other shows Finder ID.)
    02-26-09 11:01 PM
    Yeah, that post is pretty much a copy from the Sling community forum. And its all good. But what is missing is the importance of configuring your network router properly when installing SlingPlayer 2.0 Without the proper router configuration you will not be able to remotely view over the internet with a laptop or a Storm. You will beable to sling within your local network, but once you get outside your network you are SOL. SO you have to enable port forwarding for port 5001 in your network router. Once you do that, everything else falls into place pretty easily.
    02-26-09 11:07 PM
    sweet!!! thank you very much guys! this helps a lot!
    02-26-09 11:09 PM
    Gatewayad, you are very welcome. I struggled with this too, so I know how you feel. If you need any more help just let me know and I'll do my best to help you out
    Thanks Buck, hopefully this will lead in the right direction until the proper Storm software is released.

Take Care.
    02-26-09 11:14 PM
    i can sling with my settings fine.. on two different laptops and on a previous mobile phone.. so I know my router settings are correct..I just can't get the storm to connect because of this stupid password issue..
    02-26-09 11:15 PM
    The SlingPlayer 2.0 software can figure out your router settings for you. But you gotta open port 5001 to have success.

For instructions as to how to do this on your router you can go to:

1. portforward.com
    2. click "other guides"
    3. Under Port Forwarding Click "Port forwarding guides by router"
    4. Select your router from the list
    5. An add for PCconfig come up in the right hand corner click "skip add"
    6. Select "Slingbox"

The document that comes up will give you directions for configuring your router for port forwarding
    02-26-09 11:23 PM
    rynoondew, did you download and install SlingPlayer 2.0 and configure your slingboxes with it. At the very beginning of the install it downloads updates to your Slingboxes and give you a place to provide passwords.
    Last edited by buckifvr; 02-26-09 at 11:52 PM.
    02-26-09 11:26 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD