Hi all,

I am thinking about buying a Slingbox but noticed that the software is not available for my Blackberry Storm

I would really like to have this software so was wondering if anyone knew when it is going to be released??

Thanks for your help

Kev
    09-21-09 04:08 PM
    I just went to the site and on my Storm's browser and it told me that it detected:

BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.148 Profile/MIDP-2.0Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105 RPT-HTTPClient/0.3-21

Proceeded to tell me that my smartphone is not currently supported. The message indicated it didn't detect that the browser was Blackberry and referred me to Options to make sure. But since Slingbox Media downloader is looking for a specific identification is why it won't even attempt to load to my phone and gave theat message.

I have been searching forums and such for the same information you are requesting. I sent an e-mail to Slingbox customer service today asking if there are plans to support the Storm (can't imagine they wouldn't since it is so popular). I'm waiting to here back
    09-21-09 06:02 PM
    Where did you get the email address from for Slingbox media? I was looking for one but could only find a postal address

If you could let me know if you hear anything, that would be great because I would consider getting a Slingbox if they released it for the storm

The Blackberry Storm would be a great phone with the Slingbox software on it.

Thanks

Kev
    09-23-09 02:09 PM
    Although not 100% compatible SlingBox does work with the Storm. Only on half the screen and you have to be in compatibility mode. Not the best thing but it does work until they make one specifically for the Storm...Whenever that will be. There is also a 30 day free trial.

Check out this thread or do a search for "slingbox" you'll find plenty of other threads to answer most any question you may have.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/sl...-again-297562/
    09-23-09 04:15 PM
    I use the bold slingbox version, on my storm. Can't download from sling must get link from here.Search around it does work on storm albeit not perfectly but you can watch TV with no problems!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 04:21 PM
    I am using the pearl version on my storm, its only half the sreen but it will do until they release a version for the storm. It sure is taking a long time though..
    09-23-09 09:18 PM
    Does everyone using the Storm within this forum have Verizon as a provider? I am thinking of getting a SlingBox to use while I deploy to Kuwait.
    10-14-09 08:02 PM
    I have been using my slingbox on my storm for a few months now. It is in compatibility mode on half the screen but it is plenty big enough and works great. I was just in my car waiting for class and watching TV for about a good 15-20. I have used it for over an hour at a time. If you have any questions PM me and I can try to guide you in the right direction.
    10-14-09 08:23 PM
    I am also running the slingbox on my storm. I have verizon and it works great. even though its only half the screen its good enough until they release a storm version
    10-16-09 11:55 PM
    I am also running the slingbox on my storm. I have verizon and it works great. even though its only half the screen its good enough until they release a storm version
    If they ever release one.
    10-17-09 12:01 AM
    If they ever release one.

so true....atleast it will get me thru football season
    10-17-09 12:10 AM
    i cant pm anyone yet because i dont have enough posts, but if someone could point me in the right direction to get the slingbox to work on my strom 2 i would really appreciate it. thanks
    11-02-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD