I have a Storm and would love to watch tv on it..i've heard slingplayer or slingbox is highly recommended..does this work for the storm? if not can anyone recommend what i would need? The storm does not support wifi..so i'm not sure if that is a factor...I do have unlimited data??
    05-13-09 10:57 AM
    I have a slingbox and I love it. Slingplayer mobile does work on the Storm, but unfortunately as of now, it must be run in compatibility mode. It's very difficult to use. Even when you do get it working, the video hiccups quite often, which is why they only technically support devices with wifi. However, I always have my laptop with me, so if I'm in a wifi zone, I'd rather just use slingplayer on my computer than on my phone.

If you're only interested in getting a slingbox for your storm, I would wait until when (if) they officially support it and give us the option to reduce the video quality so that playback is more smooth and constant. If you're interested in using it on your laptop, it's very handy to have if you travel a lot. While every hotel room has a TV, the slingbox gives you the ability to control your DVR from anywhere (so you can watch your recorded programs, pause, rewind, fast forward, watch on demand, etc.). Their website is very explanatory and has video tutorials; you should check it out if you're interested in using it independent of your Storm.
    05-13-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD