What does a sleep magnet do exactly?

Does it turn off things? When I got my 7100t back in the day it came with a case, my Storm did not should I strive to get one?
    03-08-09 10:00 PM
    Will placing any magnet on the phone work?
    03-08-09 10:03 PM
    Will placing any magnet on the phone work?

Yea

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 10:33 PM
    What does a sleep magnet do exactly?

Does it turn off things? When I got my 7100t back in the day it came with a case, my Storm did not should I strive to get one?
    A magnet placed close enough to the sensor on the storm triggers the storm to standby, which includes turning off the screen, disabling front and side buttons, and disabling screen click button; the radio remains on.
    03-08-09 11:21 PM
    Newbe question... I usually keep my storm on my desk when I'm not using it. Does this mean that if I leave it in the holster I could expect better battery life than if I just left it on my desk (not in the holster) and let the screen turn itself off?
    03-16-09 11:32 AM
    Newbe question... I usually keep my storm on my desk when I'm not using it. Does this mean that if I leave it in the holster I could expect better battery life than if I just left it on my desk (not in the holster) and let the screen turn itself off?
    Yes sleep mode does save your battery more than just the screen turning off.
    03-16-09 12:33 PM
    where is the sensor located on the phone
    03-16-09 01:21 PM
    I don't know the exact magnet sensor location, but my 3rd-party, cheapo case has a magnet flap that would put my BB to sleep when holstered. The flap rests straight on the center and the magnet is only the size of a dime.
    03-16-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD