From MobileBurn (emphasis mine):

Skyfire has announced the release of version 1.0 of its mobile Web browser. The new version features a faster startup time, improved zoom, enhanced navigation, easier ways to share media and more.

Skyfire supports technologies like Flash 10, Silverlight, JavaScript, Ajax and Quicktime, making sites like Hulu and Google Docs accessible from mobile devices. Integration of RSS feeds and social networks like Twitter and Facebook are also available in the web browser.

Skyfire works on Windows Mobile and Symbian based smartphone devices made by HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Palm, Samsung, Sony Ericsson and more. The company has also announced that it is planning to offer Skyfire on the BlackBerry platform next.

Users interested in downloading Skyfire 1.0 can navigate to Get Skyfire now! | get.skyfire.com.

(Anyone know the definition of "next?")
    05-27-09 09:02 AM
    Well, at least its in an official announcement so that its on EVERYONES radar, not just us Crackberry Addicts. This could mean sooner rather than later!
    05-27-09 09:05 AM
    apparently they are not putting out a storm version though....
    05-27-09 09:11 AM
    apparently they are not putting out a storm version though....
    i heard this too.. but us stormies have used non storm apps before.. im sure we could make use of it. at least a little
    05-27-09 09:21 AM
    I'm sure either 1) it will work on the storm (like opera does now) or 2) a storm version will come out eventually
    05-27-09 09:49 AM
    Well when I purchased the Storm back in Dec '08 I started following Skyfire and it was not disclosed to be developed for Blackberry. Six months later (now) they release a statement saying that eventually it will be released for Blackberry. So I wouldn't be surprised if another six months to a year will pass until a Blackberry beta is released, and another few months after the Blackberry beta, a Storm beta is released. By then I will have moved onto a different phone I'm sure.
    05-27-09 09:53 AM
    Well when I purchased the Storm back in Dec '08 I started following Skyfire and it was not disclosed to be developed for Blackberry. Six months later (now) they release a statement saying that eventually it will be released for Blackberry. So I wouldn't be surprised if another six months to a year will pass until a Blackberry beta is released, and another few months after the Blackberry beta, a Storm beta is released. By then I will have moved onto a different phone I'm sure.
    The SkyFire browser for the Bold/other trackball Berrys is in a closed Beta right now. It has gotten EXTREMELY good reviews. Should be close to becoming an open Beta.
    05-27-09 10:47 AM
    Sucks does not work for the curve either

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 11:18 AM
    The storm seems like the most practical platform of all as far as flash goes. Multimedia possibilities would go through the roof. Also would this technically mean we could play some flash games on the storm? We do have the ability to use mouse like control.
    05-27-09 01:24 PM
    not sure if games would work.
    the flash video only works because it takes the flash file from the original site and is converted to 3gp or whatever on skyfires end and that displays in the browser. So you are not actually watching a flash video.
    05-27-09 02:08 PM
    The storm seems like the most practical platform of all as far as flash goes. Multimedia possibilities would go through the roof. Also would this technically mean we could play some flash games on the storm? We do have the ability to use mouse like control.
    Yes, but they will be hindered by half-baked OS software and a lack of general interest, so probably will end up being a failure.
    06-04-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD