I have had the Storm now for six days and here are the four issues that i have come across that are bugging me at the moment.

1/ The screen is harder to press in certain areas mostly around the edges, would probably get used to it as time goes on but would be nice if it was all an even press.
    2/ The screen is set to auctomatic dim mode but when in landscape mode it does not dim it just keep lit up like a lighthouse, portrait mode works fine (OS upgrade will cure this i am sure)
    3/ Laggy menus, it is and does get real laggy sometimes when you are going around the menu screen, when you are in email/messages/browser modes its like a different phone and performs excellent (OS upgrade will cure this one aswell)
    4/ Battery life needs improving, even with the phone in the leather pouch it still eats the bars up on the battery indicator (another OS upgrade maybe)

I still have a bold for work and swapped the storm for my personal bold.....would i swap it back ??

NO WAY....when the storm's OS is sorted this will be a superb personal phone.
    11-20-08 03:35 AM
    Agree with all that buddy, I got mine last friday, main issue has been battery life, I switched it to 2G only and it has improved alot. Think its was trying to search for a 3G signal all the time and causing it to drain the battery.

Also the screen hardly clicks round the edge now, in the middle its fine so if it gets any worse it wont click anywhere. That could cause a few issues and may lead to a recall or a new release of the hardware.
    Last edited by p3tchy; 11-20-08 at 03:46 AM.
    11-20-08 03:43 AM
    I have had the Storm now for six days and here are the four issues that i have come across that are bugging me at the moment.

1/ The screen is harder to press in certain areas mostly around the edges, would probably get used to it as time goes on but would be nice if it was all an even press.
    2/ The screen is set to auctomatic dim mode but when in landscape mode it does not dim it just keep lit up like a lighthouse, portrait mode works fine (OS upgrade will cure this i am sure)
    3/ Laggy menus, it is and does get real laggy sometimes when you are going around the menu screen, when you are in email/messages/browser modes its like a different phone and performs excellent (OS upgrade will cure this one aswell)
    4/ Battery life needs improving, even with the phone in the leather pouch it still eats the bars up on the battery indicator (another OS upgrade maybe)

I still have a bold for work and swapped the storm for my personal bold.....would i swap it back ??

NO WAY....when the storm's OS is sorted this will be a superb personal phone.
    When you press the screen, about what point on the screen does it pivot?
    11-20-08 03:44 AM
    It feels like the click part is in the middle and the metal spring around the edge has weakend with use.
    11-20-08 03:54 AM
    When you press the screen, about what point on the screen does it pivot?
    I would say the the wole screen is on a large airbag because it seem s not to pivot from one general area.
    11-20-08 04:34 AM
    the metal spring around the edge has weakend with use.
    o sh*t!!!!!! 1 week?
    11-20-08 04:44 AM
    **** personal!

I need it for business!

8900 (Javelin) for me (before Xmas? Fingers crossed!) wifi and 'thumb nail' qwerty typing - yahoo! Too bad about lack of G3 but that seems to be more of a battery drain liability on ALL the smart phones out there than a plus point...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 12:28 PM
    It feels like the click part is in the middle and the metal spring around the edge has weakend with use.
    So this is the worst part of the phone that I have heard so far. What do yall think that means for the longevity of the phone?
    11-20-08 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD