Good to hear all OK Mark.
    Thanks for the febrile seizure info

GBU
    02-24-09 11:20 AM
    Glad to hear all is well with Ella!
    Tylenol is the best thing to give for a fever in a child and anytime a child has a fever that reaches 102 and it is not reduced after giving Tylenol you should seek medical attention.
    The best rule to remember with kids of any age especially babies and toddlers is that they compensate well and crash fast!
    Never give aspirin or medications containing Salicylate to child for a fever! They can suffer from Reye's Syndome!

Welcome to the National Reye's Syndrome Foundation

The one thing that I find impressive is the amount of strangers on this forum that jumped up and offered encouragement, support and prayers. That is truly a great thing to see!

Thank you for serving our Country Mark!
    02-24-09 12:00 PM
    God bless brother
    02-24-09 12:05 PM
    I am so happy that Ella is fine and that you are at ease! Take good care of your little girl and spend every minute you have with her...cant wait to see a picture of your daughter. Gotta love happy endings.
    02-24-09 12:07 PM
    Oh by the way. Starting this sunday I will be going to church.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i am sure i will get flamed for this...but that is the best news of all. God is real and i believe all the prayers were heard.
    02-24-09 12:26 PM
    You are all in our prayers........EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON.
    It will be OK.

I have 2 daughters, of which my first was in the hospital for the first couple weeks of her life. Noone can understand that feeling unless you have gone through it. Since you don't have family there, isn't is nice to be able to lean on your Crackberry family?
    Please keep us updated.......
    Last edited by marcuswyse; 02-24-09 at 12:35 PM.
    02-24-09 12:33 PM
    i'm very glad it seems all is ok!! i'm still thinking of you and your family and wish you the best.
    my oldest son has epilepsy... but rarely has seizures but it is SCARY when he does. even just a cold in your own child can stop your heart.
    good luck with all.
    02-24-09 12:42 PM
    Hey everyone. We just got home from the hospital. Ella is doing good. I am still a little scared. I will be sleeping in her room tonight. Thanks again for all of the words of encouragement. Here is a pic of my little girl. Again, thanks again for all your help and prayers!!!

-Mark

02-24-09 07:49 PM
    Hey everyone. We just got home from the hospital. Ella is doing good. I am still a little scared. I will be sleeping in her room tonight. Thanks again for all of the words of encouragement. Here is a pic of my little girl. Again, thanks again for all your help and prayers!!!

-Mark
    02-24-09 07:51 PM

-Mark
    Ahh, she is a beauty Mark! I am glad she is home and doing well.

You will be scared for a while. That is normal. Will it ever go completely away? I am not sure, but it will get better and you will all of a sudden notice that maybe you didn't worry all night one night. Trust me when I say it will get better as time goes on.

But for right now, cuddle her close, love her and thank God that you can.

Thanks for the update.

02-24-09 08:04 PM
    Awww she's sooo cute!
    02-24-09 08:14 PM
    I have personally seen the power of prayer and will pray for your daughter and your family. Be strong and have faith.
    02-24-09 08:15 PM
    Got u covered with prayers on my end buddy. GOD bless...

My 2 year old daughter stopped breathing today. I had to give her CPR. The hospital thinks it was because of a feveral seizure. Then while here she had another seizure. They did a spinal tap and we will get the results in a little bit. My wife and daughter are sleeping. I can't. I was scared as all **** today. Just need to vent. Please pray for my family. I am active duty air force and away from home. I have no family here. Just need to vent.

02-24-09 08:47 PM
    I am sorry to hear about your daughter, my thoughts are with her and your family.

Thank you for your service to this country

*handshake*

I find this entire thread amazing, an entire community of people from everywhere who don't know very much if anything at all about each other has come together due to a common interest...our phones. I just find it amazing that in a place where war and dispute divide an entire world we can still come together over something as simple as our phones. If everyone had a Blackberry what kind of world would this be?
    02-24-09 09:00 PM
    I am retired Air Force. I know how difficult it can be to encounter family problems when you don't have extended family near by to lean on. Your baby and your family are in my prayers. Stay strong!

02-24-09 09:05 PM
    Very nice picture Mark. Glad she's doing well.

All the Best

-Mark
    02-24-09 09:25 PM
    God is good.

02-24-09 09:34 PM
    We will pray for your wife and child. We will also pray for your safe return to your family.

Be Safe
    02-24-09 09:46 PM
    So glad your precious Ella is home now with Mom and Dad. You all will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless. And thank you so much for your service to our country.
    02-24-09 09:47 PM
    I pray all is well....
    and glad to read it is. Will continue praying :-)
    Last edited by justdrew1985; 02-24-09 at 11:02 PM. Reason: updated info
    02-24-09 11:01 PM
    I'm glad to hear that things are going so well. I hope it stays that way.
    02-24-09 11:58 PM
    This morning she was diagnosed with the flu because the last couple of days she has been vomiting. Would the flu cause febrile seizure? She has had a ton of fevers do to ear infections. Could this have contributed as well?

working in the ER and family practice I have seen this many times. A high fever is the common reason many infants/toddlers have seizures. And every parent is scared as ****. So you are not alone and your have the whole crackberry gang praying for your daughter and you and your wife. God Bless
    02-25-09 10:40 PM
172 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD