02-25-09 11:40 PM
172 ... 4567
tools
    My 2 year old daughter stopped breathing today. I had to give her CPR. The hospital thinks it was because of a feveral seizure. Then while here she had another seizure. They did a spinal tap and we will get the results in a little bit. My wife and daughter are sleeping. I can't. I was scared as all **** today. Just need to vent. Please pray for my family. I am active duty air force and away from home. I have no family here. Just need to vent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Retired Air Force here. Hang in there, you're in my prayers. Have you talked to the base chaplain? That can be a great shoulder in a time like this...

Eric
    02-23-09 02:15 PM
    Nothing is scarier than something that threatens the life of your children. As parents, we know what our Greatest Fear is. We will be thinking of you and your family. May Jesus shine upon you and give you comfort in this time of stress.
    02-23-09 02:16 PM
    Mark,

Continued prayers for you and your family. I am a mother of 2 and they are pretty resilient at that age, but it doesn't make it any better. It's great that you knew CPR and I just wished that everyone would know it. Could save so many lives.

Take care.
    Diane
    02-23-09 02:25 PM
    Hope things are getting better. Still praying for you.
    02-23-09 03:09 PM
    My 2 year old daughter stopped breathing today. I had to give her CPR. The hospital thinks it was because of a feveral seizure. Then while here she had another seizure. They did a spinal tap and we will get the results in a little bit. My wife and daughter are sleeping. I can't. I was scared as all **** today. Just need to vent. Please pray for my family. I am active duty air force and away from home. I have no family here. Just need to vent.

Retired AF here as well (1989)! I know how lonely it can get being away from home, just thank God you were there when it happened! You mentioned something about ear infections (a lot or some?) my son had an similar problem, no seizures thank god. Fever spikes from 102 to 106, that is scary enough for any parent. 2 years old is probably too young, but my son was 4 and after about his 6th ear infection we had tubes put in! What a difference, not one infection since and he is now 10. Just food for thought, some people dont believe in tubes, I do! We'll keep praying, hang in there!
    02-23-09 03:51 PM
    I am a father of two and mine and my familys prayers are with you.
    02-23-09 04:31 PM
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to give you an update. We are still chillin in the hospital. Ella has not had a fever or vomit all day. I am still a little nervous though. When we talk to her she looks through is and not at us. That makes me really nervous so the nurse is going to come in and take a look. Although they are pretty certain she just had a febrile seizure and they are certain age will be fine I am still scared. I am going to be EXTREMELY scared when we take her home.

02-23-09 08:56 PM
    best of luck to you and your family. stay strong
    02-23-09 09:20 PM
    Very sorry to hear this! I will keep your family in my thoughts.
    02-23-09 11:00 PM
    God bless you and your family.A father of three myself I can only imagine the worry you and your wife are having right now.Good luck and keep letting us know how she's doing.
    02-23-09 11:45 PM
    Hey everyone. This morning Ella woke up looking like our beautiful little girl. She is playing and watching Mickey mouse on tv. She is eating breakfast now. I am beginning to see the light at the end of this scary *** tunnel. Just wanted to give you an update.

02-24-09 09:20 AM
    Oh by the way. Starting this sunday I will be going to church.

02-24-09 09:21 AM
    Wow, I am so happy she is turning out to be okay. Seems like CB prayers worked like a charm.
    02-24-09 09:39 AM
    Adding my prayers for your daughter and family as well. From a father of 4 girls.
    02-24-09 09:46 AM
    Oh by the way. Starting this sunday I will be going to church.

the Lord works in very mysterious ways, perhaps this was his sign to you. i've received many signs throughout my life and i was foolish and ignored them i've started trying to get my life right, i have a LONG way to go. I look forward to taking the journey and hope you do too.

THANK YOU for keeping us safe and free by serving.

James.
    02-24-09 10:32 AM
    My Family and close friends will be praying for you as well....I have 16, 6, 4 & 2 year old....I can't begin to imagine what your family has been through. God Bless..
    Anastasia
    02-24-09 10:55 AM
    Hey everyone. This morning Ella woke up looking like our beautiful little girl. She is playing and watching Mickey mouse on tv. She is eating breakfast now. I am beginning to see the light at the end of this scary *** tunnel. Just wanted to give you an update.

Glad to hear!

Wow, I am so happy she is turning out to be okay. Seems like CB prayers worked like a charm.
    Maybe now we can have a church app.
    02-24-09 10:59 AM
    Wow, it's such a blessing that your little girl is ok. Your family will be still be in my thoughts & prayers!
    02-24-09 11:01 AM
    May God continue to Bless you and your Family. Thank you for serving our country. You are a Blessing.
    02-24-09 11:06 AM
    Wow! Its wonderful to hear your little girl is doing better. I haven't read every post in this thread, but what I have read has impressed me. We share information with each other, we disagree, and even argue. But in this thread I saw people come together with a common concern. I think that is a testament to the character of all the Crackheads here. God bless.

02-24-09 11:23 AM
    When will she be able to go home?
    02-24-09 11:26 AM
    We were just told that we will be going home today. I can't say it enough how grateful I am for all of the encouraging words and prayers. God bless everyone of you! When I get home I will post a pic of my Ella.

02-24-09 12:07 PM
    I hope that those parents that have children under 5 is somewhat more aware of febrile seizures. If you have not read they entire thread and do have a child under 5 please take a couple of minutes to do so. There is some info from docs, medics, and my personal experience that could be informative. Also, I can not stress enough how important CPR. When I took the class for work I thought to myself that I would never need to use it on someone. Well I did and that someone was my daughter.

02-24-09 12:12 PM
    Psalms 91 my brother......

Olive tree has a free bible reader for the storm.........
    02-24-09 12:17 PM
    we are all glad to hear that your daughter is doing very well. No one wishes that on anyone. things like that just shouldn't happen to kids. Your braver than me man i think i would of flipped out, if i had kids. :-P
    02-24-09 12:18 PM
172 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD