02-25-09 11:40 PM
172 ... 34567
tools
    Great news.

Prayers are with you man.

Hang in there.
    02-23-09 08:30 AM
    Glad to hear she is doing better! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers also!
    02-23-09 08:36 AM
    My thoughts and prayers got out to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 08:43 AM
    Thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I have 2 and 3 year old girls, they will say a prayer as well.
    02-23-09 09:09 AM
    I just found this this morning. My thoughts and prayers go out to Ella and you both. I am a single Father of 2 girls who have been fortunate to be healthy. May they find any issues quickly and provide the best treatements so she can get back to loving life.
    02-23-09 09:28 AM
    My thoughts & prayers are also with you.
    Its good to hear she is eating & holding it down.
    Keep us informed..

02-23-09 09:31 AM
    Doctor just came in and said a few things

Because she had the flu she was more prone to have a febrile seizure.
    In his 25 years practicing he has only heard of one person pasing from this.
    If she gets a fever again Tylenol up the **** is the way to go because she can't throw that up
    Working in the ER he would see a handful of kids every day for same thing during flu season.
    They are going to do a cat scan and a few other tests to rule out epolyosis (spelling)
    99/100 times once the child leaves the ER it never occurs again.
    If she were to have another while at home, lay her flat on her back, call 911 and yet to stay calm.

Every nurse and doctor that has come in has said that this is common with children until the age of 5.

02-23-09 10:04 AM
    I'm glad you've been getting good news. You must be exhausted! Sending good thoughts your way.
    02-23-09 10:17 AM
    Very awesome! I am so happy to hear this. You know everyone can tell you it's normal, it's textbook, etc. But when it is your child it goes way beyond normal. Right many children have had a febrile seizure at one time or another, and again when it is your baby that doesn't mean a thing to you.

It will take you a while to rest easy after this, but you will eventually and she will probably never know just how badly she scared you and her mother. You can make her feel guilty for it when she's a teenager!

Children's ability to rebound is nothing short of amazing. Let us know how everything else goes and when she will be headed home! Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated.

02-23-09 10:26 AM
    I'm glad things seem to be going well for your little girl. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong!
    02-23-09 10:28 AM
    Whew! This whole episode probably scared 10 years off your life, and glad to hear she's scarfing (and keeping) down the Cheerios. My son had a febrile seizure during a bout with the flu and it is a scary thing to see--I'll sure never forget it! Give her a big hug from all of her virtual friends and I sincerely hope the news continues to be good.
    02-23-09 10:41 AM
    Im glad to hear everything is ok. Prayers were and are with you.
    02-23-09 10:51 AM
    Mark and Wendy, your daughter is in my thoughts and prayers. Glad that she is doing ok. Hang in there, my friends.
    02-23-09 10:59 AM
    You and your family are in my prayers. I'm glad to see that things have improved with her, and everything seems to be going much better.
    02-23-09 10:59 AM
    You and your family are in my prayers. Stay strong!
    02-23-09 11:09 AM
    Saying a pray for you and your family. Hope your daughter gets better soon
    02-23-09 11:10 AM
    Glad you are getting positive information, you, your daughter and your wife are in my prayers.
    02-23-09 11:24 AM
    Same here my friend. I hope everything turns out well. Please continue to give us updates. I will keep you all in my prayers.
    02-23-09 11:38 AM
    yes its a common thing that happens when a child spikes a high temp normally goes away by age 6
    02-23-09 11:46 AM
    Dude that is scary , sound like u did everything
    right. Can only hope I would perform as well in
    the same case. My thoughts are with u and your
    family. I will keep you in my prayer.

02-23-09 12:10 PM
    Doctor just came in and said a few things

Because she had the flu she was more prone to have a febrile seizure.
    In his 25 years practicing he has only heard of one person pasing from this.
    If she gets a fever again Tylenol up the **** is the way to go because she can't throw that up
    Working in the ER he would see a handful of kids every day for same thing during flu season.
    They are going to do a cat scan and a few other tests to rule out epolyosis (spelling)
    99/100 times once the child leaves the ER it never occurs again.
    If she were to have another while at home, lay her flat on her back, call 911 and yet to stay calm.

Every nurse and doctor that has come in has said that this is common with children until the age of 5.

Thank you for posting this info.
    I have two children under the age of 5 and have learned a lot from you about this.
    If you passing along what you have learned helps just one parent stay a little calmer and seeks out the proper help then you have done a great thing.

Glad she is ok...
    02-23-09 12:56 PM
    I have notkids and can't imagine what you are feeling. My prayers are with you.
    02-23-09 12:58 PM
    I pray for you and your daughter...I know how devestating things like this can be...I work in a hospital and see it often enough. Best of luck.
    02-23-09 01:15 PM
    i think it's very cool that the crackberry community rose up to support this. blackberries are, after all, a communication device. crackberry is a social network. i know that if i were in the op shoes and had nothing but my bb...i would have some comfort in these post of prayers and support....that in his case, were only seen through the eye of his bb.
    02-23-09 01:21 PM
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    02-23-09 02:10 PM
172 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD