02-25-09 11:40 PM
172 12345 ...
tools
    One thing that is crazy is that I live in Alabama but for the last 4 weeks I have been attending a military class
    In Mississippi. I have been coming home on the weekends to see wife and daughter. It is only a 3 hour drive. Anyway on Sundays I have been heading back around noon. For some reason today I decided to head back around three. If I would have left at noon I would not have been here. It happened around two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I am a firm believer in "There are no such things as flukes". You were meant to be where you were at the time you were there. Thanks for the update! We are all still sending out our hopes and prayers.

02-22-09 11:42 PM
    At her age, (ie, if she were 2 months, I'd worry more but 2 years...she's pulling out of this) it looks like you're headed out of the woods buddy. Good Luck!
    I agree. I think she will be just fine.

02-22-09 11:44 PM
    You are in my prayers and thoughts....
    02-22-09 11:49 PM
    I am so glad to read that she is able to keep food down. Sounds like she may be on the upside of this thing. God bless you, your wife and your precious daughter. You will all be in my prayers.
    02-22-09 11:50 PM
    I don't really believe in the big bearded fellah in the sky, but your precious little girl will be in my thoughts. Here's to a speedy recovery. Hang in there friend.

Best wishes from Virginia.
    02-22-09 11:58 PM
    Still waiting on the spinal tap results. She is still sleeping. She had some milk and crackers and they have stayed down this far. Will keep eveyone posted. Thanks to EVEYONE for the encouraging words.

The milk and crackers just bring tears to my eyes. I hope they find answers soon and I hope it isn't anything serious.

More prayers coming your way...
    02-22-09 11:58 PM
    I hope everything works out for the best, for you and your family.
    02-23-09 12:01 AM
    Ok we got the spinal tap results back and the were negative. They are pretty certain that it was a febrile seizure. They took some cultures and we will be here for the next couple of days. Tomorrow she will be seeing a nuerrologist and getting some scans done. They want to rule everything out before we go home. Thanks again for the words and prayers. I will keep you posted.

02-23-09 12:02 AM
    wooohoooo!
    02-23-09 12:03 AM
    Yes!! Good news!! Maybe now you can get some rest, eh? Prayers will continue.
    02-23-09 12:06 AM
    Great news. Now you need to get some rest too.
    02-23-09 12:06 AM
    She might be in the clear but I won't be able to sleep tonight.

02-23-09 12:08 AM
    I can sure understand that. I spent my share of time in ERs and hospitals while my three kids were growing up. I know so well that sleep comes hard during those times. Just remember how many people are praying for you and your family. Maybe that will help bring a little peace during the night at least.
    02-23-09 12:11 AM
    Go home for a few minutes, take a shower, change your clothes, get some clothes for the misses, let the dogs out, get a cup of coffee, etc.

Reset yourself as best as you can, it's important.

You know, the daddy version of a battery pull.

02-23-09 12:11 AM
    Ok we got the spinal tap results back and the were negative. They are pretty certain that it was a febrile seizure. They took some cultures and we will be here for the next couple of days. Tomorrow she will be seeing a nuerrologist and getting some scans done. They want to rule everything out before we go home. Thanks again for the words and prayers. I will keep you posted.

That is awesome!!! I think she will be just fine! We are all still here praying and thinking of/for you, and will continue to do so until she is feeling great and sleeping in her own bed.
    Don't forget that dad and mom need to take a breather and rest as well, as impossible as that seems.

Last edited by Kangaruex; 02-23-09 at 12:17 AM.
    02-23-09 12:15 AM
    Our God is an AWESOME God! There is nothing he can't do! His son Jesus Christ healed leapers, the blind, and the crippled. God himself enabled a woman of 100+ years to bare a child so that prophecy could be fulfilled...then He made it so a virgin could give birth to the Saviour of the world. There is nothing he can't do.

I will make sure to include your family in my prayers!

Faith, the size of a mustard seed, can do wonders!!
    02-23-09 12:16 AM
    omg goodness... i've been in your shoes. my littlest son was in the hospital for a year when he was 2 years old. it's hard, but you're expected to stay strong for your child. sleep isn't what's going to come easy right now but you do have to take care of yourself. she's in good hands at the hospital.
    i'll keep you in my thoughts.
    02-23-09 12:16 AM
    Cross posted this to our Christian 4x4 club board.
    prayer for a 2yo
    02-23-09 12:43 AM
    Our God is an AWESOME God! There is nothing he can't do! His son Jesus Christ healed leapers, the blind, and the crippled. God himself enabled a woman of 100+ years to bare a child so that prophecy could be fulfilled...then He made it so a virgin could give birth to the Saviour of the world. There is nothing he can't do.

I will make sure to include your family in my prayers!

Faith, the size of a mustard seed, can do wonders!!
    ABSOLUTELY!

OP it's a miracle you were there and knew how to properly administer CPR. I will keep you in my prayers
    02-23-09 12:48 AM
    Praying for you and your family. You are in our thoughts.
    02-23-09 12:50 AM
    Hope she feels better!
    02-23-09 12:57 AM
    Thank you God for being with this family and her caregivers today. My husband is in his 22nd year in the Air Force and I spent almost 8 in myself.

Get some rest. You'll want to be able to be at your best for your wife and little girl in the morning. She's in good hands.
    02-23-09 01:01 AM
    As the father of a 2 year old boy, I can tell the sense of desperation you must have gone through. I would die if anything happened to him. But I also know we have the best doctors in the world, and kids are super strong. The human body is a miracle of science. Hang in there and everything will be fine I hope and pray that all shall pass soon.

02-23-09 01:04 AM
    Great news so far. Hang in there.

02-23-09 01:12 AM
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
    02-23-09 01:13 AM
172 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD