You and your family did every thing right. Get some rest and love um.
    02-22-09 10:06 PM
    i have and will pray for you and yours.

god bless
    02-22-09 10:06 PM
    Good luck and God be with your family and you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 10:09 PM
    God bless you and your family. I will pray for you. Prayers do work, I can say that first hand. I got into a bad car accident in October on the 12. Didnt wake up until 45 Days later from a Coma. I was in the trauma unit for those 45 days before I was moved to the rehabilation portion. I never even know the accident happened. My brain swelled and my neck had a fracture in it. I can proudly say now, that 3 months after waking up, im finally getting back to normal. Just a little hope for you. Everyone told me they prayed for me and God works wonders. Keep him in your heart and I wish the best for you and your family.
    02-22-09 10:09 PM
    Although I'm an atheist, my thoughts are with you guys. Medical student here. I hope you are at a good academic medical center - unfortunately, we get a ton of wrong diagnosis referrals from community private hospitals. Once we had a kid flown in due to seizures - the local ER physician told the parents the child was "throwing fits". In fact, she had a common epilepsy of childhood disorder.

02-22-09 10:10 PM
    This morning she was diagnosed with the flu because the last couple of days she has been vomiting. Would the flu cause febrile seizure? She has had a ton of fevers do to ear infections. Could this have contributed as well?

Some people are just more prone to seizures than others, but any fever high enough can cause them regardless of the reason. If she had two things at once, such as the flu and then a bacterial infection, yes, her fever could certainly go high enough. But they had to check her for meningitis anyway. It's a protocol in certain circumstances.

She may never have another seizure, but they will likely refer you to a neurologist if she had TWO, although, since the fever can be blamed, it's unlikely she has a seizure disorder.
    02-22-09 10:11 PM
    The ear infection can case a fever which in turn can cause the sz.. I see this alot... Been working EMS for 13 years.... My families thoughts are with you, and most outcomes as I have seen turn out just fine.... I'm only a medic, I'm sure an MD can chime in with the same..... I have a 2 year old daughter and can't even imagine gow I would react! GREAT JOB ON THE CPR!
    02-22-09 10:11 PM
    I guess I should also add that if she had lots of fevers before and had a seizure that you didn't witness, this makes her more susceptible to more febrile seziures, but don't beat yourself up over this.

Kids can have these and are much more often than not perfectly normal and healthy and go on to live a normal, seizure free life.

As I said before, any fever high enough can cause this in ANY child and technically in adults if high enough.
    02-22-09 10:13 PM
    My family will be praying for yours. Going to the ER with your child is no fun. Been there and done that and never want to do it again.
    you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers best of luck keep the faith and pray keep us updated
    Yes, the flu could very well cause the seizures, as I'm sure JDoc will confirm they did the TAP to check for the cause which there are many. This time of year, I see at least 1 febrile seizure per week and the outcome has always been good.
    02-22-09 10:14 PM
    I will still be throwing my prayers in for you, your daughter, and your family.

Let me just say that I KNOW how scared you were sadly enough. There is NOTHING that will ever scare you more than having to do CPR on your own child. Thank God you had a different outcome than I did.

Thank God also that you were there and knew what to do. Please let us know how she is again sometime soon.

02-22-09 10:17 PM
    Our prayers are with you, your daughter, and your family. Thank you for serving our country
    02-22-09 10:18 PM
    .......pray......

02-22-09 10:21 PM
    i am sorry man hope it turns out ok wish you the best
    02-22-09 10:21 PM
    My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I kind of feel glad that I recently learned CPR in my EMT class. Hopefully I never have to use it, but, its good to hear it works.

We're all hear for you and hope everything turns out well.

Keep us updated.
    02-22-09 10:22 PM
    Just want to add my thoughts and prayers. God bless you and your family especially your daughter.
    02-22-09 10:25 PM
    My prayers go out to you, your family and a speedy recovery for your daughter. May God bless you and thank you for your service to our country.
    02-22-09 10:27 PM
    Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
    02-22-09 10:27 PM
    My thoughts are with you and your family, I have 3yo twins and cannot imagine what you are going through, hang in there

02-22-09 10:28 PM
    One thing that is crazy is that I live in Alabama but for the last 4 weeks I have been attending a military class
    In Mississippi. I have been coming home on the weekends to see wife and daughter. It is only a 3 hour drive. Anyway on Sundays I have been heading back around noon. For some reason today I decided to head back around three. If I would have left at noon I would not have been here. It happened around two.

02-22-09 10:32 PM
    nothing crazy about God wanting you to stick around and be there for your family. please keep us updates. you have a lot of people on here praying for her.
    02-22-09 10:35 PM
    Still waiting on the spinal tap results. She is still sleeping. She had some milk and crackers and they have stayed down this far. Will keep eveyone posted. Thanks to EVEYONE for the encouraging words.

02-22-09 10:37 PM
    Hopefully it all turns out for the best.

02-22-09 10:38 PM
    At her age, (ie, if she were 2 months, I'd worry more but 2 years...she's pulling out of this) it looks like you're headed out of the woods buddy. Good Luck!
    02-22-09 10:42 PM
172 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD