My 2 year old daughter stopped breathing today. I had to give her CPR. The hospital thinks it was because of a feveral seizure. Then while here she had another seizure. They did a spinal tap and we will get the results in a little bit. My wife and daughter are sleeping. I can't. I was scared as all **** today. Just need to vent. Please pray for my family. I am active duty air force and away from home. I have no family here. Just need to vent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 09:44 PM
    I hope everything turns out ok. I will definitely say a prayer for your family.

02-22-09 09:47 PM
    i am praying right now...for you and your daughter. have faith.
    02-22-09 09:47 PM
    I will def do the same here man. You guys take care and keep us informed.
    02-22-09 09:48 PM
    Sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you, your family and your daughter.
    02-22-09 09:49 PM
    people sometimes think of blackberries as toys...but you were able to use yours to get people to pray...IMMEDIATELY for your child. that is very cool. please keep us updated...and i will keep praying.
    02-22-09 09:50 PM
    wow, i hope the results turn out well - very sorry to hear this
    02-22-09 09:51 PM
    Thoughts and prayers here.
    Your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers.

You and your family are in my prayers.

02-22-09 09:53 PM
    All of you will certainly be in my thoughts, Mark.
    Take care and hang in there.
    And try to get some sleep, ok?
    02-22-09 09:53 PM
    I pray all is well
    02-22-09 09:54 PM
    I wish you and your family the best of luck. You will be in my prayers.

02-22-09 09:56 PM
    I have a two year old - I cannot even imagine. I have prayed and will continue to pray for your family.
    02-22-09 09:57 PM
    My 2 year old daughter stopped breathing today. I had to give her CPR. The hospital thinks it was because of a feveral seizure. Then while here she had another seizure. They did a spinal tap and we will get the results in a little bit. My wife and daughter are sleeping. I can't. I was scared as all **** today. Just need to vent. Please pray for my family. I am active duty air force and away from home. I have no family here. Just need to vent.

Hope she gets better soon. I include her in my prayers.

02-22-09 09:57 PM
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Febrile seizures are quite common with little ones. I am sure you are scared to death, sleep is good, you need to get some yourself. Hope the Tap is negative, Your family is in good hands!

David
    Last edited by medic979; 02-22-09 at 10:02 PM.
    02-22-09 09:58 PM
    So sorry to hear that. Best wishes and God bless. I prey all works out for you.
    Your family is in my thoughts, hoping for the best outcome. A febrile seizure occurs when there is a sudden rapid elevation of temperature, I have treated many pediatrics for this, it has always been a good outcome. The staff should keep you informed and calm. Again, best wishes.
    We had to go through that when my little boy was 1 month old. Your story brings back memories. Keep your head up. Maybe it will make you feel better knowing my little boy made it through and you would never know any of it ever happened. Your daughter and family are in my prayers.
    My thoughts and prayers for your family.....
    02-22-09 09:59 PM
    I'm very sorry to hear this! I hope all is well and gets better! You are and will be in my prayers!
    02-22-09 10:01 PM
    i hope all is well. I am sure all of us here will be praying for your little girl and family. Keep your head up and have faith.
    Mark.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tonight.

As an ER resident, that is my biggest fear, but babies are nothing if not TOUGH! If she's ok now and stable, statistically, she will be ok. I want to ask a million questions, but will just say, YOU and they will take good care of her.
    02-22-09 10:04 PM
    Your family is in my thoughts, hoping for the best outcome. A febrile seizure occurs when there is a sudden rapid elevation of temperature, I have treated many pediatrics for this, it has always been a good outcome. The staff should keep you informed and calm. Again, best wishes.
    This morning she was diagnosed with the flu because the last couple of days she has been vomiting. Would the flu cause febrile seizure? She has had a ton of fevers do to ear infections. Could this have contributed as well?

02-22-09 10:05 PM
172 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD