okay...I might be too early on this, as the phone hasn't even been released yet...but I thought I might ask anyway...will I be able to stream sirius/xm on my storm?? what will I need to download/install to get it??
    11-13-08 12:10 PM
    I think it costd 8 bucks a month. That's all i know. Sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 12:16 PM
    11-13-08 12:20 PM
    Wat about the slacker.com app they were talking about i wonder when that will be available?
    11-13-08 12:30 PM
    okay...I might be too early on this, as the phone hasn't even been released yet...but I thought I might ask anyway...will I be able to stream sirius/xm on my storm?? what will I need to download/install to get it??
    Is this the Dwayne Bowe who played for LSU? If so you are da man!!!!
    11-13-08 01:04 PM
    On my WinMo phone, set a bookmark to MusicDock Login

Then u sign in with ur user name, and password, then pick the station. Then it opens media player. Anyone know if this works on BB?
    11-13-08 02:05 PM
    On my WinMo phone, set a bookmark to MusicDock Login

Then u sign in with ur user name, and password, then pick the station. Then it opens media player. Anyone know if this works on BB?
    I don't know about BB, but works great on my Treo so ... we should be able to get it to go on BB.
    11-13-08 02:13 PM
    ok so dumb question, sorry!

why would you want it on your phone for? seriously thought why have that on there?
    11-13-08 02:15 PM

why would you want it on your phone for? seriously thought why have that on there?
    Yeah, that is a dumb question!

If you are already paying for XM radio, of course you'd like to get it through whatever mobile device
    11-13-08 02:18 PM
    Most want it on their phone mostly to listen to Howard.
    11-13-08 02:19 PM
    that's where the kick comes in... I don't pay for it. I use my cell phone for a phone not radio I get it! and I miss Howard Stern I loved listening to him and robin. I just don't get it wouldn't it use your battery time up? but i guess if you are a Cyber ranger stuck on a horse you'd need something to do with your time.

Yeah, that is a dumb question!

If you are already paying for XM radio, of course you'd like to get it through whatever mobile device
    11-13-08 02:22 PM

i have XM radio in my car (now Sirius/XM), and its awesome, whenever we have parties in our house we hook up speakers to the computer because you can stream what XM offers from there website. It'd be awesome to be able to stream XM off the storm through either there website or even through an application for Blackberry. Although im not sure how much i would pay for such an app, still something useful when it comes down to having only 8 or 16gb worth of music.
    11-13-08 02:23 PM
    Getting uSirius allows you to stream their online stream to your phone without paying extra on the subscription. Howard has gotten a lot better since moving and the show has gotten better for it.
    11-13-08 02:25 PM
    ... I just don't get it wouldn't it use your battery time up? but i guess if you are a Cyber ranger stuck on a horse you'd need something to do with your time.
    LOL ... good! With my Treo, I listen to XM through it at work because we aren't allowed to stream music over our internal network. So, I have the phone charging and hooked into some computer speakers. Works great ... but the phone does need to be on the charger or the battery goes down quickly.
    11-13-08 02:33 PM
    thanks came up with that all by myself! lol!! anyway I understand the XM radio thing that wasn't the confusion. I was just asking why it would be used on a phone? but I guess instead of doing a ipod or mp3 kinda stuff this would work even better. I never listen to the radio I got 2 kids to play with all day, heck I can't go to the washroom alone how would i listen to music? lol!!

LOL ... good! With my Treo, I listen to XM through it at work because we aren't allowed to stream music over our internal network. So, I have the phone charging and hooked into some computer speakers. Works great ... but the phone does need to be on the charger or the battery goes down quickly.
    11-13-08 02:55 PM
    I do the same thing at work, with headphones, I use my bb 8830 and ORB/uSirius.
    11-13-08 02:57 PM
    Most want it on their phone mostly to listen to Howard.
    I just threw up in my mouth a little................
    11-13-08 02:58 PM
    I just threw up in my mouth a little................
    LOL...it's OK to swallow
    11-13-08 03:24 PM
    What would be great is if the Storm supported Yahoo Widgets. The Sirius Widget rocks.
    11-13-08 04:43 PM
    Howard is absolutely the most entertaining radio show ever. I know he is not everyone's favorite character, but he has quite the following and being able to listen to satellite radio on your BB is an awesome idea. IMO
    11-13-08 06:25 PM
    I would just like to listen to regular radio on my storm. Is there a free app to do that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 06:44 PM
    just FYI...the XM on your blackberry was not the full station line up.

the stations i like were not available...so i did not sign up for it.

go here for more info...
    XM Radio Mobile on BlackBerry®

xm on blackberry channel line-up...
    Channel Lineup (NOTE you only get the channels with a blue dot on blackberry)
    11-13-08 07:54 PM
    I'll just try and stream with musicdock for free, and get the whole lineup....
    11-13-08 08:06 PM
    BUMP...

i figured I'd bump this now that the phone is actually out and people have had a chance to check it out a bit...

so...i'm new to blackberry in general - what's the easiest and cheapest way for me to stream sirius on the storm??? I'm looking to stream it so that I can use it at work with headphones....please advise of what apps (if any) i need to download, and where to get them...and everything else i need...thanks in advance!
    11-21-08 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD