all forums are like this...n00bs always post before searching and with the Storm, it brought in a whole new flood...i'm new to the site, but not to forums and it gets old seeing the same posts over and over again.
    12-11-08 04:45 PM
    all forums are like this...n00bs always post before searching and with the Storm, it brought in a whole new flood...i'm new to the site, but not to forums and it gets old seeing the same posts over and over again.
    I agree, a thread stared recently talks about why a person will not buy the storm because it lacks wi-fi. How many of the posts have we seen especially from people with 1-3 posts? this is a bit of a problem.
    12-11-08 04:49 PM

Wow, Don... 710 posts in about one month has to be a record!!!
    12-11-08 04:49 PM
    more people will be nastier if they believe they are anonymous 2)
    This is so very true. Well spoken.
    12-11-08 04:54 PM
    Wow, Don... 710 posts in about one month has to be a record!!!
    had to do with the leak and trying to answer all the questions.
    12-11-08 04:55 PM
    Jenay I of course see where you are coming from as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 05:16 PM
    i've been around on crackberry now since may, well before the storm release. i have noticed however that since it was released, anytime someone makes a post, all i see everywhere are folks saying "do a search" or "someone already posted on this".

i'm just wondering what has changed that people can't get honest answers to their questions anymore now that the storm is out?

anyone else noticing this?
    NO WE'RE NOT!! TAKE IT BACK! YOU'RE FULL OF CRAP!!
    12-11-08 05:18 PM

Actually, I think most people are just upset about how dismal the Storm has turned out to be. I think we're all upset at RIM for letting us down that we feel the need to take it out on the noob who just posted another tread about "Is AIM and MSN free or does it count as txt messages?"

Or perhaps none of this is true and I'm just trying to come up with an excuse for my behavior.... hummm.... nah, thats what the pic above is for.
    12-11-08 05:27 PM
    had to do with the leak and trying to answer all the questions.
    Ya right, postwh0re...
    JK
    12-11-08 05:28 PM
    lol, since the official release, i've posted less than 50 times...come on guy
    12-11-08 05:31 PM
    I don't think it's so much a matter of people constantly telling others to use the search function as much as a lot of the new members are just downright nasty. Since the release of the storm, there has been a huge influx of new members who do nothing but bicker, fight, b*tch, and insult each other. To me, this is a far worse issue here on CB than someone requesting that a newbie try out the search function - which is there for a reason, by the way.

Come on Sylv... You and I have both been around CB forever now, don't you remember what it was like before? Same issue. "Help! My Pearl dumped my call log and texts!" Search function. There were eight million of these threads being created a day. So really, this isn't a new issue; I think the new issue is, again, all these downright ignorant and rude noobs flooding the board. Half of the original and most helpful members here at CB don't even post anymore. Ask any noob who daddybear, patrick.waugh, or any other original vet is - I guarantee you they won't know.

this couldnt be anymore true. I used to lurk here back in 07 and CX was just one of many hardcore BB users.......where did they all go? This turned into the myspace or facebook of phones. Useless crap followed by questions that can be answered by a quick search.

When i jumped over to WinMo, XDA and HoFo would have chewed me up for noob questions. WinMo is by far a more complex OS than BB, i had to read for weeks before even thinking about posting a thread.
    I think it all comes down to laziness. New Storm users are just plain lazy.
    12-11-08 05:49 PM
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THE STICKIES ARE BACK!!!!

Why the **** do we need two stickies for unlockining for both carriers?!?!?!?!?! Make one thread, and link them in the first post.

actually why did we change the way it was? there was 1 sticky with all the popular posts?!?!?! why the **** would a mod mess up another mods great work?!?!?!1
    12-11-08 05:50 PM
    It is too bad everyone is grumpy or whatever. I personally just played with the storm for the first time for a couple minutes @ the store. And it was slow, it was running .75 but even getting back to the home screen took at least 5 seconds..still wouldn't mind bein able to upgrade now for one though. Would be fun having a new phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 06:08 PM
    As a former mod on an LG Voyager board, I assure you that the last thing that any admin/mod team wants to see, is a topic full of repetative posts. Sometimes you'll have to use the 'please use the search feature' line more times than you'd wish, just to keep the various topics from getting cluttered. But, IMO, and in my experience on other boards, as posted above, beating your brains out on a search feature can sometimes be convoluted at best, not to mention discouraging as well. 'newbies' can easily get frustrated by trying to search a forum for an answer thats easier to get by just asking someone. I would think that growing a forum membership is what any site is ultimately after. As a newcomer to the BB world, I personally am gonna feel a lot more at 'home' if the veterans on the site will forgive me an occasional and unintentional rule infraction, until I gradually learn them.

I'm here to learn from all of you. And I appreciate, as I'm sure all the newcomers do, the patience and helpfulness of the veterans on this great site.

Sorry for the ramble. And I'm proud to be here.
    12-11-08 06:10 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD