the article said it was only a software update to go from rev. a to b. I guess it would depend on how big of a cost for that the software. The rest depends on the phone makers to support rev. B.

just read an article on LTE, with the storm supporting a SIM card, and vodaphone verizon tmobile and att all supporting LTE, what are the chances verizon will start using a sim card when it goes 4g?
    11-28-08 11:45 AM
    Hey CX, isn't the roll to LTE supposed to offer this as a 'futuristic' service...

Now I realize that until LTE hits and we actually see how it works with hardware and such it's pure speculation, but 'rumor has it' that LTE will enable the dual channels in the Storm?

Any insider info on that one?

LTE will require different hardware so you will not see it on the current Storm. Considering BB is ahead of the curve with Rev A (only a handful of phones have it) they may be on of the first with LTE.
    11-28-08 11:48 AM
    the article said it was only a software update to go from rev. a to b. I guess it would depend on how big of a cost for that the software. The rest depends on the phone makers to support rev. B.

just read an article on LTE, with the storm supporting a SIM card, and vodaphone verizon tmobile and att all supporting LTE, what are the chances verizon will start using a sim card when it goes 4g?
    I would say close to zero. The LTE change will be for the data not the voice network. I cannot see them changing from CDMA for phone considering their dominance is quality of service today with CDMA. You will see more world phones like the storm, curve and Saga out of them though.
    11-28-08 11:49 AM
    I would say close to zero. The LTE change will be for the data not the voice network. I cannot see them changing from CDMA for phone considering their dominance is quality of service today with CDMA. You will see more world phones like the storm, curve and Saga out of them though.
    When Veriaon goes to LTE will this allow simultaneous voice and data?
    11-28-08 12:33 PM
    When Veriaon goes to LTE will this allow simultaneous voice and data?

It should without an issue -- but you never know until it is out.
    11-28-08 12:42 PM
    Not sure if this is the same either, but I can send and recieve/view txt msg's while talking on the phone with my dare too.
    So you can't do voice and data simultaneously while connected to EDGE?
    01-14-09 06:26 PM
    So you can't do voice and data simultaneously while connected to EDGE?
    No you cant have both while on a CDMA network like VZW or Sprint.
    01-14-09 06:27 PM
    No you cant have both while on a CDMA network like VZW or Sprint.
    1xRTT not EV-DO will let you do voice and data simultaneously.
    01-14-09 06:33 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD