Can you send .. receive emails and txt while in a call on the storm .. I can't on my Curve and because its my only phone and I am on it alot .. my txt dont come till I hang up and emails as well .. I would like my voyager where I got txt and such even when I was on the phone

thank you for you help

JOe
    01-22-09 11:17 AM
    It's not possible to do voice and data at the same time on Verizon's network. I don't think a text is data though. I can't recall getting a text while on the phone though so I can't help you there. Email is a big no go though because that is data.
    01-22-09 11:18 AM
    ahh well to be honest I never had "email" on my Voyager .. but txt's came thru all the time .. on my curve if I'm in the NYC area it seems to receive but not send and then again sometimes It wont receive (thou NEVER sends) where as on my voyager I could send and talk at the same time .. I thought I read something about the whole EVDO 1X issue and the Curve not fully supporting it which is why I cant on my curve .. I am tempted to get the Storm just for this purpose .. frustrating lol
    01-22-09 11:27 AM
    I get text messages while on the phone with my Storm. I don't recall ever receiving an email until I hung up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 11:39 AM
    No voice and data at the same time. Period. Emails are data and texts come in over voice. So yes on TXT and no on email or any other data reliant program.
    01-22-09 11:59 AM
    On my storm I CAN get text at the same time I am on my phone. I am not 100% about the emails though. Never really paid attention for that.
    01-22-09 12:03 PM
    I just tried to send myself an e-mail (from my computer) while talking on the phone. It didn't come through until after the call was ended.
    01-22-09 12:09 PM
    you can deff recieve texts while talking on the phone . i have yet to recieve an email while talking so i cant help you with that question ..
    01-22-09 12:46 PM
    i have always been able to talk and txt with verizon both on LG's and the Storm.
    01-22-09 01:06 PM
    As already stated, CDMA technology cannot currently do voice & data at the same time (ie: Verizon) It's not a phone limitation but a service provider limitation.

Phone & texts messages use Voice so both can be done at the same time

Email, web browsing etc use Data so cannot be done while on a phone call

When Verizon (CDMA technology) rolls out LTE (4g), which I think has been scheduled to start late this year, to replace their current 1XEV (3g) it should be able to do both voice & data at the same time, just like current GSM (3g) technology can already do (ie: AT&T).
    Last edited by bg0508; 01-22-09 at 01:56 PM.
    01-22-09 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD