How do you remove the Storm SIM Card? Or can it be removed?
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-23-09 at 03:33 PM.
    03-23-09 03:26 PM
    remove the battery and take it out. It just slides out. Its not easy but if you use your thumb it will come out.
    03-23-09 03:35 PM
    I remember someone saying that using a pencil eraser helps the grip/slide the SIM.
    03-23-09 04:03 PM
    After you get it out........Does everyones say Verizon wireless on top and vodafone underneath?
    03-23-09 04:27 PM
    remove the battery and take it out. It just slides out. Its not easy but if you use your thumb it will come out.
    "That's what she said!"

(with Stewie Griffin voice)---->"I almost didn't do it!"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 04:30 PM
    No, I have ATT.
    03-23-09 04:30 PM
    My Storm is from Verizon. The sim card retention plate is not held down by screws, but rather by plastic tabs. What happens if I carefully cut the tabs to swap out the sim card? Is there then a way to keep the sim card in place?
    05-21-09 03:11 PM
    My Storm is from Verizon. The sim card retention plate is not held down by screws, but rather by plastic tabs. What happens if I carefully cut the tabs to swap out the sim card? Is there then a way to keep the sim card in place?
    Why would you cut anything? Take the battery out of the phone, slide the sim card out, replace battery.

The two ways suggested to slide the card out are a pencil eraser for traction and push it out, or my personal method, edge of an exacto knife under the sim, thumb on top of sim and pull it out. Just be careful not to scratch up the contacts with my method.

THE BATTERY MUST BE OUT OF THE PHONE TO REMOVE THE SIM CARD OR YOU WILL DAMAGE THE PHONE AND SIM CARD.
    05-21-09 03:13 PM
    I remember someone saying that using a pencil eraser helps the grip/slide the SIM.
    ^^ It's MUCH easier to use a pencil eraser to pull it out.
    05-21-09 03:17 PM
    Another way to do it would be to use the batt door and your thumb, eraser, or rubber band. Use the tab that holds the door shut in one of the two notcheswhere you can see the sim through the mounting bracket. GENTLY push with the batt door while also pushing/sliding in the open area of the sim where there is no bracket. Comes out easily every time
    05-21-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD