Does anyone know why this happens?

A simple power off (not battery pull) fixes it but why or what causes this to happen?
    12-18-08 03:38 PM
    options >mobile network > change the network tech to 1XEV

problem solved
    12-18-08 03:44 PM
    Good thing there aren't 23 other threads with the same exact title...
    12-18-08 03:44 PM
    Good thing there aren't 23 other threads with the same exact title...
    Good thing I really don''t care.....
    12-18-08 03:46 PM
    options >mobile network > change the network tech to 1XEV

problem solved
    Thanks for helping out and not being a nerd.

Also ShortSxit reply is the exact example that Kevin Michaluk posted as

MUST READ: CrackBerry Forums' New Year's Resolution!
    12-18-08 03:52 PM
    Yes, your being too lazy to search for something that gets posted 5 times a day is my issue.
    12-18-08 03:54 PM
    If you really wanna fix it, call VXW global support and tell them about the problem. They add the sim card # to your acct, and thereafter it's recognized or something. That's what I did, and i dont get the error msg anymore
    12-18-08 04:04 PM
    Yes, your being too lazy to search for something that gets posted 5 times a day is my issue.
    And you feel inclined to toss around sarcasm in an effort to show your superiority over us lesser knowing mortals. Nice.

I ran into alot of these folks when I worked at HP. They took the saying "Knowledge is Power" literally. If you knew more, then you could get away with being a male genital towards others with impunity.
    12-18-08 04:06 PM
    Yes, that's it. It has nothing to do with these boards being cluttered with the same 5 questions that people post because they don't want to search. Oh, I was being sarcastic again...it must be my superiority complex, not just annoyance.

Seriously. There are over 20 other threads with the same exact title. Would it have killed people to do a search so we can keep relevant topics towards the top? Having said that, I'm done with this thread in hopes that this gets buried along with the other countless threads on this same topic.
    12-18-08 04:12 PM
    So if a person's searching skills are not up to snuff, then to hades with them.

I agree that one should search. But sometimes you get 8000 hits on 54 pages of stuff. Search isnt intuitive. Garbage in/Garbage out.
    12-18-08 04:15 PM
    I'm going to agree. All too often there's a question posted that's been answere literally a few posts above it. Practically any question you have can be answered through the CB search. It gets a little frustrating at times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 04:17 PM
    Thanks Everyone!! I just got mine today and just want to cry!!! I hate it so far
    but I will hang in there.....:-(
    12-19-08 01:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD