I keep getting this message at the top of my phone. I remove the battery and restart it and it seems to go away for a little bit. Anyone know why this is happening? I did put a piece of credit card over the battery to help with the clicking. Would this cause that? It seemed to start around that time. Any help is appreciated.
    12-01-08 09:24 AM
    I saw this for the first time last night on my phone, after having done the cardboard trick for the last 5 days. I was still able to send messages and make calls from my phone.
    Is there any reason for this message, and does it do anything to the operation of the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 09:36 AM
    You guys have told your phone to automatically detect network settings and switch from CDMA to GSM whichever is available. Since the SIM is locked, you'll get that message when you lose signal, like when you enter the subway, and CDMA shuts off and GSM kicks in. Just tell your phone not to automatically do that.
    12-01-08 09:43 AM
    Do a battery pull fixed it for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 09:46 AM
    You can also can Verizon Global Customer Support and have them add your SIM card # to your account.

That's what I did and it solved the problem (got the suggestion from this forum).

Make sure you ask for "Global Customer Support"...the first-line customer support folks don't have the "power" to add the SIM #. I made this mistake...so had to be transferred to Global CS to give them the SIM # all over again.

You can find your SIM # by going to Options/Advanced Options/SIM Card
    12-01-08 09:47 AM
    Easy way to fix this is go into options then mobile network and switch it to CDMA then turn the phone off and on and its gone. But if you go outside the country you will need to set it back to automatically switch. The reason why you keep getting this error is because when the phone first turns on after an update or being turned on for the first time out the box when it ask that GSM question you or the store selected yes instead of No.
    12-01-08 10:01 AM
    Just turning it it off with the RED HANGUP KEY held down and turning it back on the same way fixed it for me. No need to pull the battery.
    12-03-08 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD