I just looked at my Storm and it says SIM card rejected on top. Everything seems to be working fine though. Any idea what this means?
    Also, I can't find Visual Voice Mail. I remember seeing the icon on the demo Storm I played with but the icon isn't there.
    11-27-08 03:56 PM
    You probably lost reception at one point or another. When that happens, the device tries to look for another connection, unless you tell it not to. So since Verizon has the SIM card locked, that is the reason you see that message. Just turn the phone off and back on and it will go away.
    11-27-08 03:59 PM
    To get Visual Voice Mail back, click on Application Center and reinstall Visual Voice Mail.
    11-27-08 04:00 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sim...essage-104213/

Read through this thread. On the 2nd page you will see what Verizon CS did for me while talking with them.

Jason
    11-27-08 04:03 PM
    Alright, awesome. Thanks a lot
    11-27-08 04:05 PM
    To get Visual Voice Mail back, click on Application Center and reinstall Visual Voice Mail.
    I can't find Visual Voicemail there either. My App center says "empty." I checked on the BB Desktop Manager and it's not anywhere there either.
    11-27-08 04:27 PM
    I can't find Visual Voicemail there either. My App center says "empty." I checked on the BB Desktop Manager and it's not anywhere there either.
    It won't be on your Desktop Manager. That is strange. Do you have anything in your Application Center?
    11-27-08 04:29 PM
    regarding the locked sim card....

my mom recently went to italy, she ordered a sim card from telitalia or someone like that before she went, through it in a global phone and got free incoming calls, and outbound calls for 35 cents. can i do this with my storm? i hear verizon charges huge worldwide roaming fees, and i am betting no free incoming in italy (this is so funny to consider it makes me laugh) so are you saying i cant put a overseas sim in my phone? i am stuck paying rates i could never afford (**** its cheaper to use the phone on the plane)
    11-27-08 04:54 PM
    regarding the locked sim card....

my mom recently went to italy, she ordered a sim card from telitalia or someone like that before she went, through it in a global phone and got free incoming calls, and outbound calls for 35 cents. can i do this with my storm? i hear verizon charges huge worldwide roaming fees, and i am betting no free incoming in italy (this is so funny to consider it makes me laugh) so are you saying i cant put a overseas sim in my phone? i am stuck paying rates i could never afford (**** its cheaper to use the phone on the plane)
    Call verizon they'll provide you with subsidy code to use any sim card in there
    11-27-08 05:06 PM
    Just call international support for Verizon. I did and was given the code to unlock it.
    11-27-08 05:10 PM
    Just call international support for Verizon. I did and was given the code to unlock it.
    Something tells me that they are not going to give this number out too much longer, considering that its the reason people are able to unlock the phone for tmobile and at&t.

right? maybe i should call and get it now before they stop giving them out. incase i do need it down the road.
    11-27-08 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD