Sorry, but I did search forums, and couldn't find an answer to this:

I had .86 running on my Storm 9530, and it was running fine. I just did a complete wipe and load .99 on it. I'm on the VZW network

I got it working fine, but now, everytime I do a battery pull, it says that there's a SIM card inserted, and do I want it to automatically pick CDMA or GSM. I say no (CDMA is fine).

How do I get my setting to stick permanently until I choose to change it? When I go to Options>Mobile Network, Network selection mode is set to "automatic", and cannot be changed.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!
    02-15-09 02:09 PM
    network selection should be Auto B, that you don't touch. the Mode should be CDMA. But I think the later OS's it still asks on each boot
    02-15-09 02:44 PM
    Just remove the sim and it won't ask the question at boot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 04:29 PM
    There's nothing to change. I've asked numerous times for them to change this part of the code, but apperently they think it's better to get asked every single damn time you boot the phone even though you obviously HARDSET to CDMA for a reason. I think it's a stupid prompt and should have a checkmark for "Don't ask again" associated with this.... just like they do for the "Setup Wizard".
    02-15-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD