Well my batter life is back to normal as of a full day of heavy use today, I was bored at the DMV so I decided to abuse my phone with FlyCast + Games for an hour, browsed the web, sent about 60 texts, a few emails, ran my navigation for about an hour AND talked on the phone for about 45 minutes worth of time today and I'm only at 40%. I'm pretty pleased with that.

Only thing is, I loosened the the T6 screws about a one full turn and pulled the paper out from behind my battery, which totally works like a charm... but for some reason for the first time since I have had the phone, I NOW have a Sim Card Error.... WTF? I haven't done anything to the software on the phone, only loosened the screws for the screen fix... Could that be the cause of my SIM card error? Doesn't really bother me I guess, but it still sucks.
    02-14-09 02:46 AM
    You may have moved the sim card a bit in your adjustments, try taking it out and reseating it back in. Use a pencil eraser to help push it out if you're having difficulties
    02-14-09 02:52 AM
    You may have moved the sim card a bit in your adjustments, try taking it out and reseating it back in. Use a pencil eraser to help push it out if you're having difficulties
    Yep just did that. It's rebooting now... Hmmmm...
    02-14-09 02:53 AM
    I started to have sim issues just recently, but I am running .106 so it could be that that one has some for some reason. I don't know if what I did fixed it, but up to now I haven't had any problems with it anymore: I took a piece of the plastic that they use to put medicine pills in (with the foil over it on one side), I cut out a rectangle about 1.5 cm long and .5 cm wide and put it on the sim card slot so the lid pushes it down.

I also did sort of the velt fix but a much "lighter" version of it so that might be the cause I think. Or the OS, or it was coincidence. Havent had it before those two anyway.

Ehrm... I'll try again with and without the strip and reboot some times tonight/tomorrow and will report back.

I too have done the "elaborate" torx fix and I'm sure that that didn't cause problems on the sim side of things. But turning it loose an entire turn, in that case I do not "dare" to say if it causes it but it could definately be the case since the sim is held in the "cage" by the aluminium cover thingy and the contact-balls of the sim holder might not be able to touch the sim card anymore due to the fact that by turning the torx too loose there will be a larger space created.
    02-14-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD