I searched but couldn't find anything to answer this specific question.

I just started getting Sim Card Error while running .99 (3 times already today), however, I pull up the phone and all my contacts are still there and everything seems to be working normally. So what is it trying to tell me? Am I missing something?
    02-09-09 07:45 PM
    It's not a SIM card defect or anything, and the Storm actually stores its contacts on the phone directly as opposed to the SIM-card. (Although, I do believe you can move them, or import from SIM cards, etc.)

If you're in an area where CDMA coverage may not exist or is very weak, the phone may try to switch to a GSM carrier, at which point your SIM card will be rejected unless it's been activated for that carrier.

Easy solution, as posted to a Telus forum member, is to go to your Setup -> Options -> Mobile Network section, and switch the Network Technology option to "1XEV" as opposed to Global. Forces the phone to keep trying the CDMA/1XEV network, and essentially ignore the SIM.

Or you can pull your SIM out, if you don't use the roaming data feature.
    02-09-09 07:53 PM
    Oh alright, thanks man.
    02-09-09 07:55 PM
    If you did the screen click fix by loosening the screws then you could get a SIM card error.
    02-09-09 08:01 PM
    I did the screen click fix using the adhesive felt pad. Could that also be the problem?
    02-09-09 08:04 PM
    Doubt it. Are you even using your Sim card? If not then just take it out. You have no use for it on your cdma

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 08:25 PM
    I'm not sure. From what Hiredshots said, I guess I am not. I am on CDMA/1XEV. So what do I even have it for? Sorry, I don't really understand the whole SIM card thing and what it is used for. I thought it was just something that stored your contacts?
    02-09-09 08:31 PM
    I'm not sure. From what Hiredshots said, I guess I am not. I am on CDMA/1XEV. So what do I even have it for? Sorry, I don't really understand the whole SIM card thing and what it is used for. I thought it was just something that stored your contacts?
    It has a SIM card because it is a world phone and can be unlocked to use it on a GSM carrier.

ex. Im using my storm on Tmobile
    02-09-09 08:49 PM
    I searched but couldn't find anything to answer this specific question.

I just started getting Sim Card Error while running .99 (3 times already today), however, I pull up the phone and all my contacts are still there and everything seems to be working normally. So what is it trying to tell me? Am I missing something?
    Read this thread for solution:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/so...jected-122706/
    02-09-09 11:45 PM
    I think I got it figured out. I had changed the network settings to 1XEV before but I guess I forgot to change it again after I upgraded. Thanks for all the help.
    02-09-09 11:55 PM
    I think I got it figured out. I had changed the network settings to 1XEV before but I guess I forgot to change it again after I upgraded. Thanks for all the help.
    Yes, it does need to be updated any time you change your O.S.
    02-10-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD