I just updated my phone a few days ago to .75 and today I noticed a "SIM Card Error" at the top of the screen.

What does this mean and how can I take it off?
    12-09-08 03:32 PM
    Please use SEARCH... there are hundreds of posts on this that will tell you more than anyone can in a few answers to your question in this single thread.

Pull your battery and put it back in, wait for the phone to reboot. If it isn't gone or it comes back take the phone back to Verizon.

--bg
    12-09-08 03:34 PM
    Please use SEARCH... there are hundreds of posts on this that will tell you more than anyone can in a few answers to your question in this single thread.

Pull your battery and put it back in, wait for the phone to reboot. If it isn't gone or it comes back take the phone back to Verizon.

--bg
    That always works.
    12-09-08 03:39 PM
    Just take out the SIM card and store it in a safe place and use it when traveling abroad....when that is done go to manage connections>mobile network options>network technology>choose 1XEV
    12-09-08 03:41 PM
    I was getting "SIM Card Rejected" at the top of my screen since day 1 (11/21) of owning the Storm (would go away temporarily after a soft reset). I upgraded to the official .75 and then pulled the SIM card out, waited about 5 minutes, put it back in & turned on my phone. Haven't had any issues since.

Getting the SIM card out of it's cage is a pain in the a$$. I was able to do so by wedging each side slowly out until I could grab enough of the card with 2 fingers to slide it out.

Hope that helps you. If not, I'd take the phone to Verizon and have them check it out or replace your SIM card
    12-09-08 03:51 PM
    ^^^^^use a penical with an eraser....worked for me
    12-09-08 03:54 PM
    it is not the sim card, basically it is the network he is on GSM, change it to 1XEV and your GOLDEN!!!!
    12-09-08 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD