I just recieved a call from verizon global support concerning my storm saying that they recieved complaints that some of the sim cards that were shipped with the storms are defective, and they were confiming my address to send me a new one, via fedex 2 day delivery.

I had no clue my sim card was deffective? wtf? someone explain!

ty
    01-27-09 01:47 PM
    This could possibly explain the "remove the sim card" fix for the VZW media card lock-ups and random freezes.
    01-27-09 01:48 PM
    I could be wrong but if you set your phone to 1XEV instead of Globel the simm card should not be a factor? Not sure but seems right. Friend had problems with simm card messages... changed to 1XEV and problem has stopped......
    01-27-09 01:55 PM
    im not in a 3G area. only thing that pops up after a battery pull is "media card is insterted" or w/e. and checking security software.. nothing about sim card. my storm always says 1XEV.
    01-27-09 02:03 PM
    Hope you didn't supply any account information. Sounds kinda scammish to me. Yeah I don't believe the sim cards are needed in the USA. I removed mine since day one and have never had a problem.
    01-27-09 02:06 PM
    No account info, just needed to confirm address...which was wrong, but when i went to the store to order my storm, they had the same wrong address. The lady of the phone just told me to call global support when the sim card arrives to help set it up... When i get it im going to the store where i bought my phone just to be safe about it.
    01-27-09 03:14 PM
    anyone getting the same call?
    01-27-09 10:55 PM
    nope and i work for vzw. I had the same problem and got a new card and haven't had the problem since.. a rep will never ask you for private info that they do'nt already have. i.e. you call in not reverse...
    01-28-09 12:21 AM
    I didn't receive a call, just 2 text messages. It sounds fishy to me so I didn't respond. What is a defective SIM card supposed to do anyway to the phone?
    02-03-09 11:36 PM
    My sim card is defective for sure.. Mine says No Valid Sim Card... but Verizon hasn't called me yet to send me a new one.
    Last edited by masterteee89; 02-04-09 at 01:08 AM.
    02-04-09 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD