Looks like I'll probably be buying a Storm and getting a new Verizon account. I'm currently on US Cellular and as far as I know none of their phones use SIM cards.

Now that the Storm has a SIM Card... will it be possible for me to put that sim card in another unlocked CDMA phone to use it on the Verizon network?

I'm just wondering if I could get a smaller form factor phone to use with the same phone number if I don't need the Storm.
    11-16-08 09:37 PM
    Looks like I'll probably be buying a Storm and getting a new Verizon account. I'm currently on US Cellular and as far as I know none of their phones use SIM cards.

Now that the Storm has a SIM Card... will it be possible for me to put that sim card in another unlocked CDMA phone to use it on the Verizon network?

I'm just wondering if I could get a smaller form factor phone to use with the same phone number if I don't need the Storm.
    I think you misunderstand what a SIM card does. Verizon is a CDMA network, which does not use SIM cards. GSM networks (AT&T operates a GSM network in the US) use SIM cards.

Verizon includes a SIM in the 9530 to enable global roaming, so the Storm can use a GSM network overseas. In that event, the phone will need a SIM card.

So if you take the SIM out of the Storm and put it into another phone, you won't be able to use that phone on Verizon.
    11-16-08 09:42 PM
    ^^ is correct

The storm comes with the ability to use a sim card for other networks. The storm does not require a sim in it to run on the "verizon network"
    11-16-08 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD