I'm new to Verizon but switched with the purchase of my lovely Storm today.

On my T-Mo Pearl, if I hold down the 1 key it takes me into voicemail without me having to enter a password. I was under the impression the voicemail system would somehow know it was my phone calling and let it bypass the password -- or perhaps I just was running without a password all this time. I have no idea.

Anyway, on the VZ Storm, it takes me into VZ's voicemail system but insists on my entering a password. (Note: I do *not* have Verizon Visual Voicemail.) Is there a way to quickly receive voicemail without dealing with the password prompt?
    11-22-08 12:14 AM
    From your home screen click your green call button once - click on your BB button - go to options - click on Voice Mail - enter in your password. It will automatically enter your password for you each time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 12:18 AM
    Sweet... didn't know that... thanks
    11-22-08 12:21 AM
    speaking of voicemail... when i press visual voicemail app my phone says
    'uncaught exception: object already exists"
    11-22-08 12:22 AM
    From your home screen click your green call button once - click on your BB button - go to options - click on Voice Mail - enter in your password. It will automatically enter your password for you each time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did what you suggested and it works although I still get to hear the lady say "please enter your password" and then the tones for my password. On T-Mo, it skipped all of that and went straight into "you have X messages". Perhaps I'm being picky, but is there a way to have that same behavior on VZ?

BTW. thanks for the quick answer! Man I love this forum.
    11-22-08 12:26 AM
    speaking of voicemail... when i press visual voicemail app my phone says
    'uncaught exception: object already exists"
    When I activated my phone the system asked if I wanted a 2 year contract. I said NO. Then it transferred me to a robot person to collect general info, then a human to activate it. My Visual Voice mail gets the same message, so I think this is Verizon's way of saying: Shame on you - no visual voice mail for you. I then got a call from someone who claimed they were calling someone else and the phone number he quoted was the same as mine. I hope there aren't hackers out there preying on social engineering people who just activated phones. I'm just getting used to the peculiarities of the storm and my bathroom productivity has gone down so far.
    12-09-08 09:53 AM
    when u think u looked at all your phone's options.....
    12-09-08 10:57 AM
    I did what you suggested and it works although I still get to hear the lady say "please enter your password" and then the tones for my password.
    I just use the visual voicemail, so i never tried this. BUT it seems that you are correct, the phone is entering your password for you.
    12-09-08 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD