I have my phone set to Silent Mode (no vibration or ring). However, even though it is in silent mode, it still plays sounds when I opened up a video MMS at work (on accident... oops). On my old phones silent mode meant no sound would come out from anything. Anyone know how to make this happen?
    11-24-08 01:50 PM
    Have you gone into the silent profile itself and edited it?

Profiles
    Advanced
    Highlight Profile
    Menu
    Edit

Check all alerts and make sure the Out of Holster and In Holster say NONE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 01:53 PM
    Have you gone into the silent profile itself and edited it?

Profiles
    Advanced
    Highlight Profile
    Menu
    Edit

Check all alerts and make sure the Out of Holster and In Holster say NONE.

How do I get to profiles? I see where they are but I dont know how do get to advanced
    11-24-08 02:15 PM
    Click Profiles then you should be able to scroll down to Advanced. i think it may be called Sounds on the Storm.

i'll have to defer to some someone who has a Storm.

You still need to get into your Profile/Sounds and set each alert.

11-24-08 02:17 PM
    I don't think you can edit default sound profiles.
    11-24-08 02:41 PM
    I think what the OP means is that the silent profile doesn't mute the phone's speaker. To answer this: profiles only deal with notifications, so under the silent profile only the event notifications (sms, mms, email, etc) will be muted but the phone will still play sound from media (music, video, etc).
    11-24-08 03:09 PM
    I think what the OP means is that the silent profile doesn't mute the phone's speaker. To answer this: profiles only deal with notifications, so under the silent profile only the event notifications (sms, mms, email, etc) will be muted but the phone will still play sound from media (music, video, etc).
    Yes this is exactly what I am talking about. Because I had my phone sent to silent, opened up the text, and out came a screaming loud video in the middle of the work environment! HaHa.
    11-24-08 03:12 PM
    Your best bet is probably to hit the mute key as fast as possible, but someone who has a Storm might have a better suggestion for you.
    11-24-08 03:13 PM
    None of my profiles work properly its an ongoing issue with the storm thus far
    11-24-08 03:23 PM
    I created a work profile then switched off the volume in everything and adjusted the vibrations notifications.

So far it seems to work but I havn't tried playing any movies/music.

just played an MP# through the speakers so I guess that the profile deosn't apply to media.
    Last edited by Devlyn16; 11-24-08 at 03:57 PM.
    11-24-08 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD