There aren't any privacy laws about this YET, but they are looking to pass laws making some kind of shutter sound mandatory to prevent some creepy perv taking candid photos of women. There are some times I can think of where you would want the shutter sound silenced, but somehow I suspect the fear mongering over "upskirt" and on the toilet type photos will win out.
    Who is this "they" you're talking about? The ones who are behind the bLAcK HeLiCoPteRs and the mysterious jet contrails?

Unfortunately, idiotic stuff sneaks through the lawmaking process all the time, mostly because elected officials don't really read most of the stuff they vote on.

In 1971, a member of the Texas state house of representatives put an item on calendar commending Albert DeSalvo for his work in population control and applied psychology, which passed by a wide margin. He then withdrew the motion... and informed his colleagues they had just honored the Boston Strangler.

Then there was the state representative in Florida who asked, during a debate over a new law banning bestiality, why there was an exception for animal husbandry. "You mean, there are people out there who are marrying animals?"
    03-15-09 02:27 PM
    No one caught it. I, for one, did not. I hate when I miss stuff.
    I caught it... It would be nice to be able to turn the sound off for sneak shots of new phones and stuff but it also could go bad with people doing all the stuff u were talking about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 02:35 PM
    I caught it... It would be nice to be able to turn the sound off for sneak shots of new phones and stuff but it also could go bad with people doing all the stuff u were talking about

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Indeed. People always take things to a shady level. Although, other phones have a silent shutter, so it really should not be that big of a deal for it to be included on a BB. Since the BB started off as a business related device, I suppose it is a security that we will have to live with for now. Meanwhile, you can get around this if you need to with the Berry Annoying App or the voice mail trick.
    03-15-09 02:40 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD