Great forum all! I live in the west palm beach, FL area and just upgraded from the 8830 to the Storm, Verizon. I wanted opinions on coverage and phone signals in PBC and Broward County. I always had limited bars at home on my 8830, but never had issues really throughout PBC and Broward Counties.

Now with the Storm it seems as if I never have a full signal throughout the area. Does anyone else have this issue or is there something I can do to increase the signal? I seem to be able to make and receive calls in low signal areas, but browsing the web is much slower.

I have the phone set for network selection mode - auto and network tech 1XEV. All other settings factory standard including OS. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.
    03-07-09 06:15 AM
    I haven't been to Broward with my Storm, but I've had no problems in PBC. Generally my signal is 3-4. I have seen an occasional 5 and at my office near downtown WPB, it sometimes teeters between 1-2 but I have no issues with calls or data anywhere that I've been.
    03-07-09 08:40 AM
    I also have had no problems. I regularly drive from wellington to Miami and I've never hit a dead spot for phone or data. It might be a problem with your hardware

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD