I am just wondering if anyone else has poor reception . I just switched to the Storm from my world. I gottA say the world had
    Way better reception. The other thing I don't get is why when my Storm has full bars of 1xEV I can't do anything with my browser but when I have 2 bars 1x it runs ok

Isn't 1xEV supposed to be better?
    Is there anything out there that helps boost signal?

Also I am running 4.7.0.148 which is the latest OS from Bell
    Would installing the latest OS improve my signal?

I also just wanted to say thanks to everyone here that helped me pull out my MSL code. Without your help my Storm would still be a paperweight.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 07:54 AM
    I'm on Verizon and I've seen a drop in signal lately.

...The other thing I don't get is why when my Storm has full bars of 1xEV I can't do anything with my browser but when I have 2 bars 1x it runs ok...
    This is strange. I posted a question similar to this a few days ago. My phone lately has been switching from 1xEV to just 1x or just EV. Mine if just reversed from yours. My browser becomes almost unusable when in just 1x or just EV.
    01-14-10 08:06 AM
    My signal has been very poor lately. In places I used to have five bars of 1XEV I now have crap and spotty call service. Fix it Verizon!

01-14-10 08:35 AM
    You know I had that prob yester after installing app world,
    I deleted and dialed *228 pressed 2 solved.

01-14-10 10:10 AM
    Is *228 the number that reloaded the new cell tower information?
    01-14-10 10:21 AM
    Funny. I thought I was the only one but yes since yesterday I've been having signal issues and contacted vzw. Before I called vzw I resent my books. Checked the prl and registered on the host routing table. And that Didn't work. Well long story short. The second tech had me dial ##000000 and press send. And after it shows your number @3gvzw where it says password type in vzw. The device will restart . After that my issues were fixed. So hope this helps

01-14-10 11:18 AM
    What's the difference between reboot the phone with a battery pull and using ##000000 to reboot?
    01-14-10 11:31 AM
    Funny. I thought I was the only one but yes since yesterday I've been having signal issues and contacted vzw. Before I called vzw I resent my books. Checked the prl and registered on the host routing table. And that Didn't work. Well long story short. The second tech had me dial ##000000 and press send. And after it shows your number @3gvzw where it says password type in vzw. The device will restart . After that my issues were fixed. So hope this helps

I did the ##000000 and typed in vzw for password and nothing happened. What did I miss?
    01-14-10 12:14 PM
    well I asked the same question and the rep said that by doing the ##000000 it rebuilds the data settings instead of just reconnecting

01-14-10 12:53 PM
    After typing vzw press the BB key and hit save

01-14-10 12:54 PM
    Got you. Thanks.
    01-14-10 12:55 PM
    What if I'm not on vzw ? And is there anything else I can do?

Has anyone noticed any improvement or decrease since 5.0

01-14-10 03:34 PM
    Bump

03-19-10 08:36 PM
    awesome information
    07-20-10 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD