Has this happened to anyone else? Right above left convenience key, the side rubbery piece caves in when youi press it. This is my 3rd one. I returned the first one for another reason, but it did it worse. The second one dont remember how bad it was, but it did too. Then on this one, I checked it first and it was solid. I have had it about a month now and the same thing is happening. I dont want to return it if this is something that is happening to all of them. Im very careful with my phones, so I havent dropped it or anything like that. MAybe with time from pushing the key with your thumb it starts to press the whole side in? It even creaks a little if Im not dead on the button. I know my LVS will replace, but I dont want to go through all the hassle if its gonna be the same. Let me know. Thanks
    02-16-09 12:33 PM
    yea mine has a little "give" to it too, just above the left conv. key, prolly nothing.
    02-16-09 12:48 PM
    Before reading this, I had never ever heard of it.
    Pressing in that area, there is a little "give" to it. Since its not a key, I don't know why anyone would be clumsy enough to push on the case in this area.
    02-16-09 12:49 PM
    Not on mine. Canadian made in Dec 08
    02-16-09 12:50 PM
    Annoys the heck out of me, but if its normal then I guess I wont sweat it.

I guess im "clumsy" as infernl put it or infernl has girly fingers/ thumb and hits it dead on- LOL
    02-16-09 12:52 PM
    No give on mine (Mexico 12/19)
    02-16-09 12:55 PM
    I have th very same problem but I won't return it because of the hassle as well. Its very annoying but I just got to not think about it. I always have the nasty urge to press that part though.
    Surprised more people have the same problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 12:56 PM
    Has this happened to anyone else? Right above left convenience key, the side rubbery piece caves in when youi press it. This is my 3rd one. I returned the first one for another reason, but it did it worse. The second one dont remember how bad it was, but it did too. Then on this one, I checked it first and it was solid. I have had it about a month now and the same thing is happening. I dont want to return it if this is something that is happening to all of them. Im very careful with my phones, so I havent dropped it or anything like that. MAybe with time from pushing the key with your thumb it starts to press the whole side in? It even creaks a little if Im not dead on the button. I know my LVS will replace, but I dont want to go through all the hassle if its gonna be the same. Let me know. Thanks
    I have had mine since 12/18 and it is solid as a rock.
    02-16-09 12:58 PM
    I have th very same problem but I won't return it because of the hassle as well. Its very annoying but I just got to not think about it. I always have the nasty urge to press that part though.
    Surprised more people have the same problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thats hilarious. Me too.. I just gotta press it and hear the creaking noise!!!
    02-16-09 01:03 PM
    This is why forums like these tend to degrade. People start obsessing over the most minute things. It becomes an addiction. I'm a regular over on 8thcivic.com for my car forum, and it's just like this - people will find the smallest things wrong with their car and then bring it in to the dealership and demand it be fixed.

What I'm trying to get at here is that the phone is plastic and will GIVE when you apply pressure to it. No need to really make a thread over common sense.
    02-16-09 01:04 PM
    Look here crazy, people use this forum for a dating service and other non related BB stuff, at least mine is related to the BB itself. Plus it was to find out if it truly is a defect or something normal, and not hassel with a return just as another user has experienced. Sorry its so minute to you. MAybe no one should have posted about the screen press and so on, because it is plastic after all and the just maybe they werent applying enough pressure to get the proper click. Sheesh. I would like to thank you however for taking time out of you precious day to read my thread.
    02-16-09 01:12 PM
    I've noticed the same little give in that area also. It's not a big deal to me and I would not even think about returning my phone for something as trivial as this. I highly doubt the OP was thinking of returning his Storm for this reason, but just wanted to see if others had noticed this behavior.
    02-16-09 01:13 PM
    What I'm trying to get at here is that the phone is plastic and will GIVE when you apply pressure to it. No need to really make a thread over common sense.
    How come its in the one spot only? Common sense would say since its plastic along the whole side on both sides, it should happen at any given area along both sides.
    02-16-09 01:19 PM
    I have the same issue. It's annoying but not a deal breaker. The only reason I notice it is because I have a vertical leather holster and I have to grab that area to pull it out.
    02-16-09 01:33 PM
    Mine also gives on the left side by the convenience key. And if I press along the chrome strip on the left side It makes a 'crack' sound.
    02-16-09 01:54 PM
    Would be easier if you posted a pic with the area circled that your talking about. No problems with my BB so far .
    02-16-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD