You know I'm not sure what it is but I have not had a single problem with my storm and neither have any of my friends. And I am sick and tired of prole trying to gripe about it not being an iphone. Go return it and get an iphone for gods sake. I personally think that the people with all the problems are the ones that get on these forums and download a bunch of stuff and don't know what they're doing. I love my storm and for all that don't there are plenty of other phones out there. Go get one and stop complaining!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 09:53 PM
    I agree I had a storm with issues started the endless beta os loop which in the end caused more problems. In the end I put it back to 75 took it back got a new one and haven't had a problem sence. The problem wasn't 75 it was that I got one of those bad storms that pops up now and then. Most of the people gripeing about there storms are running some hybrid beta os. It just sounds unstable hybrid beta lol. Anyway its a great phone quit complaining. LONG LIVE THE STORM!

03-28-09 10:02 PM
    Like I told the rep who said she wasn't having any problems with her storm, you must not use it very much then! Forget about apps, games, and themes that are downloaded, that's not the problem. All the common bugs and problems discussed here are found with the base OS'. Yes, some apps will lower the performance of it, but can you honestly tell me that downloading a game allows ringing in vibrate?

Everybody uses their Storm differently, so some have more problems than others. If you don't like the complaints then go to the iPhone forum.
    03-28-09 10:06 PM
    My friend opted for an iphone around the same time I decided to go with a blackberry. I talked to her tonight and asked "how's that cut-and-paste feature working out for you?"

If Steve Jobs ran GM we'd see car ads touting "All new GM cars now have variable speed wipers!"
    03-28-09 10:07 PM
    Like I told the rep who said she wasn't having any problems with her storm, you must not use it very much then! Forget about apps, games, and themes that are downloaded, that's not the problem. All the common bugs and problems discussed here are found with the base OS'. Yes, some apps will lower the performance of it, but can you honestly tell me that downloading a game allows ringing in vibrate?

Everybody uses their Storm differently, so some have more problems than others. If you don't like the complaints then go to the iPhone forum.
    I downloaded buzz me and it started ringing in vibrate so yes some apps will cause this so you obviously are clueless cause as soon as I got rid of it that stopped

03-28-09 10:11 PM
    I downloaded buzz me and it started ringing in vibrate so yes some apps will cause this so you obviously are clueless cause as soon as I got rid of it that stopped

So you downloaded an app that directly interacts with volume profiles, surprise surprise ! That problem is one most have without the app, perhaps you should read more and quit complaining.
    03-28-09 10:20 PM
    Complaining about people complaining. That's quality right there.

03-29-09 12:31 AM
    Complaining about people complaining. That's quality right there.

Lawl.

I do agree with the OP though. Don't like the phone? Get one you do like.

By the way, leaked betas and hybrids are not the problem. They have done nothing but make my phone better.

03-29-09 12:42 AM
    You know I'm not sure what it is but I have not had a single problem with my storm and neither have any of my friends. And I am sick and tired of prole trying to gripe about it not being an iphone. Go return it and get an iphone for gods sake. I personally think that the people with all the problems are the ones that get on these forums and download a bunch of stuff and don't know what they're doing. I love my storm and for all that don't there are plenty of other phones out there. Go get one and stop complaining!

I agree with 90% of what you said because if you don't like the phone then why keep it? The other 10% that is left is where people do have a right to voice their opinions but in the right place (like in here for example) and the right way.
    03-29-09 12:43 AM
    Complaining about complaining? Something a noob would do.

Its a public forum so get use to it. If you dont like the complaining then dont read it. ALOT of people are unhappy with this phone and have a dam good reason to be. Most of the people that do like the storm are probably coming to it from a non-bb device therefore they arent accustomed to the great quality of a bb. For those of us that have used blackberries for a long time are in total shock at how bad this device is compared to other bb devices. Yes I know...its bb's first touch screen and excuses are like A-holes too. Bottom line is people have a right to complain about something this poor and I did choose to go back to one of the best bb's ever.
    03-29-09 12:59 AM
    Lawl.

I do agree with the OP though. Don't like the phone? Get one you do like.

By the way, leaked betas and hybrids are not the problem. They have done nothing but make my phone better.

Yea I same here as far as leaked beta. Hybrids go

03-29-09 11:21 AM

This is the rants and raves channel so people can complain. Post your thread in a different channel.

03-29-09 05:00 PM
    Aren't you, in essence, also.....complaining??
    03-29-09 05:10 PM
    I'm sick and tired of people like you creating sick and tired threads. Follow your own advice...
    03-29-09 05:11 PM
    Another yawnfest here I see.. Im gonna complain about it though, seems the cool thing to do
    03-29-09 05:19 PM
    You should also look into the meaning of Irony too
    03-29-09 05:22 PM
    I think if you even want to talk i phones goto an i phone site. leave us alone.
    03-29-09 06:49 PM
    The people who are content with this phone are the simpletons who don't know much about smart phones to begin with. They think "OHHH! Look, I can touch an icon and stuff!".

You guys just want a little toy, and it's so sad to see what people will settle for these days.

i'd love to sell you a car.... it comes with no brakes, steering wheel or mirrors, but I assure you it's brand new! PM me for more.
    03-29-09 07:52 PM
    The people who are content with this phone are the simpletons who don't know much about smart phones to begin with. They think "OHHH! Look, I can touch an icon and stuff!".

You guys just want a little toy, and it's so sad to see what people will settle for these days.

i'd love to sell you a car.... it comes with no brakes, steering wheel or mirrors, but I assure you it's brand new! PM me for more.
    Lmao.....that's priceless Jeff. You hit the nail on the head with your first comment. If they'd been using bb's before the storm they would have a different outlook on this.
    03-29-09 09:36 PM
    I'm one of those complainers, I guess. However, I decided that complaining wasn't helping so after 4 months of trying to wrap my obviously feeble brain around this 8th wonder of the world AKA Blackberry Storm, I'm selling it. All kidding aside, I'm sure it's as wonderful as all of its fan believe, I just don't have the technological chops to take it through all of its paces. So we're parting way with no hard feelings on either side.
    Is there a thread on this forum where I can find out how to unlock it so that it doesn't have to be sold to a Verizon customer or is that taboo?
    03-29-09 09:50 PM
    Is there a thread on this forum where I can find out how to unlock it so that it doesn't have to be sold to a Verizon customer or is that taboo?
    if you have been a Verizon customer for at least 60 days then you are eligible to have the phone unlocked. Shouldn't be any questions asked. Then just sell it as unlocked
    03-29-09 09:57 PM
    I'm one of those complainers, I guess. However, I decided that complaining wasn't helping so after 4 months of trying to wrap my obviously feeble brain around this 8th wonder of the world AKA Blackberry Storm, I'm selling it. All kidding aside, I'm sure it's as wonderful as all of its fan believe, I just don't have the technological chops to take it through all of its paces. So we're parting way with no hard feelings on either side.
    Feeling your pain slid. Just call Verizon and tell them you're traveling outside the US and they will give you the unlock code. Dont leave blackberry cuz most others work very well.
    03-29-09 09:57 PM
    If the Storm was my first BB (which in this case it isn't; I've had the Pearl and Curve) and I'm not complaining because I don't know any better.....why on GOD'S green earth would experienced Blackberry users buy something so "un-berrylike" and complain about it??? All I'm hearing is whining from the Blackberry users that should know better. Did any of you notice that the "keyboard" was missing on the Storm??? Not to mention NO trackball!!! WAKE UP AND LOOK AT YOUR BLACKBERRY STORM!!! You all bought it knowing that maybe, just maybe, it might be a little different than what you were used to. I'm still figuring mine out today, and you know what? it's time consuming at times but fun at the same time. If you don't have patience for technology this is not the phone for you. Go back to your old blackberry and use something that you know and are comfortable with and let us enjoy our Storms. I'm sure the first car tire made was far from round.
    03-29-09 10:28 PM
    If the Storm was my first BB (which in this case it isn't; I've had the Pearl and Curve) and I'm not complaining because I don't know any better.....why on GOD'S green earth would experienced Blackberry users buy something so "un-berrylike" and complain about it??? All I'm hearing is whining from the Blackberry users that should know better. Did any of you notice that the "keyboard" was missing on the Storm??? Not to mention NO trackball!!! WAKE UP AND LOOK AT YOUR BLACKBERRY STORM!!! You all bought it knowing that maybe, just maybe, it might be a little different than what you were used to. I'm still figuring mine out today, and you know what? it's time consuming at times but fun at the same time. If you don't have patience for technology this is not the phone for you. Go back to your old blackberry and use something that you know and are comfortable with and let us enjoy our Storms. I'm sure the first car tire made was far from round.
    unfortunately the IQ of the people complaining collectively is about 3 and they dont realize the device is aimed at new users. Ironically there are plenty of people who have had previous BBs beforehand and say these people are full of it.

Atleast some people realize the device is not for them, i just love the people vying for attention for trying to bash the phone...so sad
    03-29-09 11:02 PM
    I love my storm as well .... complaining is pointless what good does it do?
    03-29-09 11:06 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD