So I have a sick *** leak(worded that wrong!) my app memory just disappears going from24mb to 1.5 in a Matter of hrs. Don't know why. I have quick pull and its set every morning to restart but by mid afternoon poof its down again. Any help would be awesome. I'm a newb so forgive me if I didn't see a thread on this before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 02:51 PM
    Start by telling us all the third party applications and themes you have installed. They are the ones you loaded yourself which didn't come as standard with the phone.

Also tell us which software version you have (Options/About).

Post back with the info and one of the Storm gurus here should bve able to guide you.
    05-14-09 02:58 PM
    There are quite a few apps that are known to have bad memory leak problems. A quick search of the forums will turn up a lot of answers.

Common ones that are mentioned a lot are Viigo, and Weatherbug, as well as sometimes even Facebook (though I've never personally had any issues with any of these)

You may want to clear out any apps that you don't absolutely need, and then add them back one by one to see which cause trouble and which don't.

Hope this helps!
    05-14-09 02:59 PM
    Call me crazy, but I think I've actually seen BETTER app mem since I installed Viigo.
    05-14-09 03:09 PM
    Yeah a list of apps will help GREATLY. lol
    05-14-09 03:09 PM
    Just got the phone 2 weeks ago so its still runnin .75 I have viigo quick pull google maps pandora I heart radio twitter berry radio companion espn point buzz me trapster

05-14-09 03:10 PM
    Pandora and i heart radio will run you down if you dont close them when not in use.
    05-14-09 03:15 PM
    Just got the phone 2 weeks ago so its still runnin .75 I have viigo quick pull google maps pandora I heart radio twitter berry radio companion espn point buzz me trapster

Ok... for starters. Make sure you don't leave Viigo running in the background. Make sure to press BB/Menu button and click on Close when you are done using it. Viigo has NEVER caused a memory leak for me, but it will suck memory if you leave it open. Also, clear the cache in Viigo periodically. I actually clear mine every time I use it, before I close out of the app. In Viigo's main screen, scroll down and click on Options, then click on Application Settings. In the Application Settings menu, press the BB/Menu button, then click on Clear Cache.

With TwitterBerry, make sure you don't have it updating too frequently. Having it update every few minutes will also suck on your memory. When I had TwitterBerry, I think I had it automatically update every 30 minutes or every hour (can't remember which). You can also set it to automatically update whenever you open the app (if I remember correctly).

I'm sure others will have suggestions for the other apps, but these are two that I am familiar with.
    05-14-09 03:18 PM
    I always make sure there closed... The only things that are running constantly are buzz me phone home screen messages and clock

05-14-09 03:21 PM
    I will try everything. Thank u all for helping a newb out!

05-14-09 03:22 PM
    05-14-09 03:26 PM
    Read it. Back up to 24mb thank u for all your help guys.

05-14-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD