I don't understand why people are so concerned with comparison and X phone killing Y phone. If you're not happy with one device, get a different one.

Maybe it's a touchscreen thing. I personally can't stand touchscreens so I'm going to step back and away from this thread now.
    02-04-09 02:09 PM
    Thank you op. I love my curve though. They ate two seperate things, functionally speaking, which is why you can't really compare the two. But yes!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 02:20 PM
    Now here's the thing if you really wanna talk about smart. Just do like I did get you an iPod touch and a Storm and be happy!
    02-04-09 02:26 PM
    Now here's the thing if you really wanna talk about smart. Just do like I did get you an iPod touch and a Storm and be happy!
    That's exactly what I did

Now my phone can be my phone and I have a device that can be for multimedia.
    02-04-09 02:37 PM
    Maybe it's a touchscreen thing. I personally can't stand touchscreens
    I think it is. I think the perfect touchscreen would be made of some kind of polymer that is electrically deformable.. so that when the Virtual Keyboard is displayed the keys have edges you can feel. For me the problem with touchscreens is the tactile thing, my fingers (thumbs) know their own way around my Curve keyboard so typing is really fast and I'm not having to look at keyboard continuously. The SurePress feature does nothing to help me because it comes too late, it doesn't help at all to locate the key and because you have to press harder it it is physically slower than a touchscreen you just touch.

I think the main reason Touch works for the Apples is Multi-Touch which actually provides a feature that cannot be achieved without a touchscreen.. The Storm on the other hand is a trackball phone with no trackball and no advantage.
    02-04-09 02:44 PM
    Oh, nearly forgot one thing. The iPhone isn't a smartphone. Not at all. Not even kinda. It's a touchscreen with a full web browser aimed at 14 year old girls with, like, totally OMFG! tight jeans on, so they can like, totally listen to indie bands from like, Myspace.
    LMFAO!!!!!
    02-04-09 03:18 PM
    hahaha everone in the world noes that mobile safari is the best web browser in the world storm suckssssss
    02-05-09 10:28 AM
    hahaha everone in the world noes that mobile safari is the best web browser in the world storm suckssssss
    Judging by the phones in your list and your username, I don't expect to have an intelligent conversation with you anyway.

There's no one here (in their right mind anyway) that would try favorably comparing the Storm's browser with Safari. I can find plenty of things about my Storm that I like better than the iPhone though.
    02-05-09 10:31 AM

Every time I use my IPod Touch it reminds me how right Apple got it and how laughable RIM's effort to compete was (30 seconds with mobile Safari is all you need to know)..

ok, I feel slightly better now..
    Crackberry = free therapy session

I'd have to agree with your post, except that I think the BB browser is better than Safari. All Safari has going for it is the pinch zoom and that is an iPhone thing, not really a Mobile Safari feature per se.
    02-05-09 02:33 PM
    except that I think the BB browser is better than Safari
    I'd be (honestly) interested to know what it is you prefer about the Storm browser? I can't think of any aspect where it improves on Safari..? JavaScript support is so slow it's basically unusable for many sites, no AJAX support (afaik, certainly there wasn't on the Curve), Page rendering is quite poor and CSS support is extremely rudimentary (I have written web apps for previous BB models and the CSS implementation was worthless, I don't see major improvements on the Storm?), zooming is painfully slow especially with the usual lag on clicking the zoom button - it certainly doesn't come within a light-year of Safari pinch zoom for usability.. what else is there?

If the depressing news about the CPU in another thread is correct then I really think it's time we all accepted we've been sold a lemon and it's not going to get any better than this
    02-05-09 10:44 PM

If the depressing news about the CPU in another thread is correct then I really think it's time we all accepted we've been sold a lemon and it's not going to get any better than this
    which thread do you mean? link please?
    02-05-09 11:20 PM
    The article linked to was:

blackberry-storm-review-and-teardown/
    Last edited by barees63; 02-05-09 at 11:31 PM.
    02-05-09 11:28 PM
    Orange UK suspending BlackBerry Bold shipments? | BlackBerry Cool

Orange May Pull BlackBerry Bold | BlackBerryNews.com

Orange dropping BlackBerry Bold, too many issues? � BlackBerry Sync | get in sync with the latest BlackBerry News

Electronista | Orange drops BlackBerry Bold due to quality

By the time AT&T got it, the Bold may have finished working out its teething issues. But quite obviously, it had them as well.

You conjecture on why there are so many releases show that you don't know anything about beta processes.

Safe bet that the median age among iPhone users is lower than that of the Storm, so your 'kids' comment is off mark

The manufacturing plant failing to properly seal the screen doesn't indicate a design flaw. I have a dustless Storm from 11/22. As do others.

Being able to frequently do a side by side comparison with an iPhone 3g (my gf's phone), it does not kill the Storm in every possible way except email. Unless you count low signal strength, connectivity issues, dropped calls and forced reboots (mine has had 1 to date) among the different means of phonacide. And 2 blocks from U. Penn's main campus in Philadelphia hardly counts as rural.

Did I miss anything? Or do I have to delve into the history of the iPhone too?

You may not be a iPhone fanboi (debateable but I'll take your word on it). But you definately don't like the Storm. That's your perogative. Villifying it or glorifying the iPhone does not alter the fact:

NO PHONE IS PERFECT
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-06-09 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Content moderation
    02-06-09 12:40 AM
    Orange UK suspending BlackBerry Bold shipments? | BlackBerry Cool

Orange May Pull BlackBerry Bold | BlackBerryNews.com

Orange dropping BlackBerry Bold, too many issues? � BlackBerry Sync | get in sync with the latest BlackBerry News

Electronista | Orange drops BlackBerry Bold due to quality

By the time AT&T got it, the Bold may have finished working out its teething issues. But quite obviously, it had them as well.

You conjecture on why there are so many releases show that you don't know anything about beta processes.

Safe bet that the median age among iPhone users is lower than that of the Storm, so your 'kids' comment is off mark

The manufacturing plant failing to properly seal the screen doesn't indicate a design flaw. I have a dustless Storm from 11/22. As do others.

Being able to frequently do a side by side comparison with an iPhone 3g (my gf's phone), it does not kill the Storm in every possible way except email. Unless you count low signal strength, connectivity issues, dropped calls and forced reboots (mine has had 1 to date) among the different means of phonacide. And 2 blocks from U. Penn's main campus in Philadelphia hardly counts as rural.

Did I miss anything? Or do I have to delve into the history of the iPhone too?

You may not be a iPhone fanboi (debateable but I'll take your word on it). But you definately don't like the Storm. That's your perogative. Villifying it or glorifying the iPhone does not alter the fact:

NO PHONE IS PERFECT
    Your point is taken on the "kids" comment, and I'm sure you are right. I never said either phone had to be perfect, and I myself could never use an iPhone for daily business use.

It's not that I don't like the storm, it's that I hate it's glaring deficiencies. Yes, there is a hardware defect whether you want to admit of or not. Business cards, foam seals, dust,loosening screws are all problems with this phone. Maybe you have that 1 storm in 100 that doesn't but I doubt it.

I love blackberry and it is my phone of choice for business use. RIM developed the storm to get in on the touchscreen wave and they failed miserably IMO. It's just my opinion and this being the rants and raves forum I choose to rant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-09 10:34 AM
    I do have the ipod touch for all the fun apps and I don't have to deal with ATT dropped calls. Email, the ability to insure and Verizon's service were the main reason I chose the Blackberry.
    02-06-09 11:57 AM
    Yes, there is a hardware defect whether you want to admit of or not. Business cards, foam seals, dust,loosening screws are all problems with this phone. Maybe you have that 1 storm in 100 that doesn't but I doubt it.
    I'm sure there are phones out there with defects. Let's be serious though, it isn't 99% off the assembly line.

I don't have a business card behind my battery. My foam seals are fine and I have no dust. I didn't have to utilize the Torx screw trick. My phone has been just fine.

The only problem? Okay, so yeah, my screen is slightly more difficult to press where the spacebar is in portrait mode. Is it enough to affect typing? No. Affect usage? No. Affect navigation? No. Certainly not enough to warrant replacement.

If you hang out here long enough, you'll get to witness all kinds of OCD that people use to convince themselves they need a replacement.
    02-06-09 12:02 PM
    I'm sorry but until we have a version of "iPhart" (350,000 sold to date!) for the Storm we can never hope to compete with the iPhone.
    02-06-09 02:56 PM
    Hmmm...It seems like a lot of Storm users are in denial here. I love my Storm I think it's a great device but I can honestly say that it really doesn't compare to the iPhone at all.

The lack of MMS and Copy/Paste is the first thing every BB user brings up when talking about the iPhone claiming it to be a terrible device because it doesn't have these features....HOW OFTEN DO YOU CUT AND PASTE ON A PHONE....why not just send and email if you need to send someone a picture? The iPhone is what EVERY smartphone is benchmarked against by reviewers for a reason, because it is the best phone out there.

The browser, the media capabilities, the overall speed and stability of the phone is head and shoulders above the Storm RIGHT NOW. Will the Storm catch up? I sure hope so, I mean the iPhone does have more than a year head start. I really hope that the Storm will have the support from developers that the iPhone has so we see the same amount of apps good or bad.
    My main thing is I still don't get why the iphone can't sync better with Outlook, messages not being marked as having been replied to in my Outlook inbox etc. It's the simple things like that to me.
    02-06-09 03:10 PM
    Business cards, foam seals, dust,loosening screws are all problems with this phone. Maybe you have that 1 storm in 100 that doesn't but I doubt it.
    Mine is fine too. I keep posting this comment and in the back of my mind I'm thinking I'm going to jinx myself but I haven't. Still works great.

The fact that the iphone needs an app to allow you to type emails while in landscape in clearly demonstrates its not for business. If you need to be entertained, get an iphone. I have too much work to get done and BlackBerry has my back.
    02-06-09 09:00 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD