Hi Again,

does anyone know how to shut down All open apps - on Switch apps it shows 5 open at the moment I select one and select close but it still appears in the switch app list ... is this just a list of common apps - or are they really open??

If they are open how do you shut down an app or better still all apps that are open at the time ...

Cheers again

Clive
    11-25-08 06:54 AM
    Which apps are open? On my 8830, there are several BB apps that are always on even if you try to close them.
    11-25-08 07:05 AM
    Blackberry Messenger, Vodafone Live, Home Screen, Browser,Phone,Messages. I cant seem to remove these from the switch app list (on Storm)

Cheers
    11-25-08 07:10 AM
    Blackberry Messenger, Vodafone Live, Home Screen, Browser,Phone,Messages. I cant seem to remove these from the switch app list (on Storm)

Cheers
    I believe that is normal. Mine is the same way.
    11-25-08 07:14 AM
    Yep, those are the normal ones.
    11-25-08 07:17 AM
    Your application switcher just allows you to switch applications while keeping others open. It brings up your 5 most popular apps. It doesn't necessarily mean that all of them are open.
    11-25-08 07:23 AM
    Many thanks for all info - seems then that this is expected so I wont worry about it ... just seemed that my battery comparred with the 8310 has run down by 50% in 3/4 of a day when the 8310 would last for a few days .. maybe im just playing with it too much :-) the storm that is .....

Clive
    11-25-08 07:32 AM
    Pressing and holding the Blackberry (menu) key opens a window with the currently running apps. You can scroll left and right with a finger swipe to see more than just the default 4 apps that initially pop up.

Keep in mind that there are certain baseline apps that are *always* in memory, and cannot be closed: Messenger, Phone, etc.
    11-25-08 07:39 AM
    certain apps run all the time, kind of like a system process. home, browser, bb messenger, messages, and app center. can't close those
    11-25-08 07:43 AM
    OK. Then is there a way to make sure the apps other than the ones mentioned above are closed? Or do they close automatically when you back out of the application?
    11-25-08 07:49 AM
    OK. Then is there a way to make sure the apps other than the ones mentioned above are closed?
    Yes, if they appear in your application switcher they are still open. (This doesn't apply for the system apps as mentioned above, such as Browser, E-mail etc.)

Or do they close automatically when you back out of the application?

No, if you back out, they are still running in the background. Only way to close them is to go to Menu -and then Close.
    11-25-08 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD