Ok so somehow my phone updated itself from .78 to .141. I've tried to do this manually today and for some reason when I connected the phone through DM it started the process. Anyways...not really the issue. This is all fine except for the quicklaunch flicker. So I want to upgrade this .141 to Lyricidal's .141 hybrid.

So, after reading through a dozen threads, I've d/loaded and installed the leaked .141 OS. I've overwritten the java files by d/loading these files http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/5.0.0.93+.141.rar and using Lyricidal's guide here http://www.theiexplorers.com/howto.html. The over-writing is fine.

I'm now running Shrink A OS and here's where my questions come in. I know from reading the threads that I need to shrink and then use loader.exe...but some of the options that I can check to remove....I don't actually know what they're for or what they do, or what will happen if I remove them. I know from reading the threads that I need to shrink and then use loader.exe...but

Application Center - not sure if I need this or not
    Default Font - what happens if this is removed?
    Event Log Viewer - is it bad if this is removed? Will logMaid still work?
    OTA Upgrade - Does .141 already have this? Am I supposed to have this?
    Setup Wizard - I presume I need this?
    SIM Card Capabilities - No idea...sounds like I'd need it
    Voice Activated Dialling - not really a big deal, may use it one day, may not
    Voice Notes Recorder - as above
    VZNavigator - no idea...is this something to do with verizon? I'm vodafone.de
    VCAST Rhapsody - no idea
    Default Ringtones - are these the pre-loaded ones? like for the alarm and so on?

Which of these do I absolutely need to have to ensure the phone still works? Which are basically just options which don't have any impact on the functioning of the phone? Not sure if it helps but I have a 9500, on vodafone.de network.

Apart from that, there are three other options I wanted to ask about.

Fix my MMS
    Fix Lock
    Fix Quick Launch

I'm guessing these need to be clicked before the final Shrink my OS option?

And from Shrink A OS, clicking on the "Launch Loader.exe" button, the phone needs to be already connected to the pc yeah? Disconnected from internet or no? Not sure about this last part.

Anyways, sorry for all the q's. I am doing a lot of reading and trying to figure it out on my own, but wanted to check about the shrinking part is all.

If I've said/written anything wrong about my steps, please let me know.
    05-16-09 04:54 PM
    Ok so somehow my phone updated itself from .78 to .141. I've tried to do this manually today and for some reason when I connected the phone through DM it started the process. Anyways...not really the issue. This is all fine except for the quicklaunch flicker. So I want to upgrade this .141 to Lyricidal's .141 hybrid.

So, after reading through a dozen threads, I've d/loaded and installed the leaked .141 OS. I've overwritten the java files by d/loading these files http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/5.0.0.93+.141.rar and using Lyricidal's guide here http://www.theiexplorers.com/howto.html. The over-writing is fine.

I'm now running Shrink A OS and here's where my questions come in. I know from reading the threads that I need to shrink and then use loader.exe...but some of the options that I can check to remove....I don't actually know what they're for or what they do, or what will happen if I remove them. I know from reading the threads that I need to shrink and then use loader.exe...but

Application Center - not sure if I need this or not
    Default Font - what happens if this is removed?
    Event Log Viewer - is it bad if this is removed? Will logMaid still work?
    OTA Upgrade - Does .141 already have this? Am I supposed to have this?
    Setup Wizard - I presume I need this?
    SIM Card Capabilities - No idea...sounds like I'd need it
    Voice Activated Dialling - not really a big deal, may use it one day, may not
    Voice Notes Recorder - as above
    VZNavigator - no idea...is this something to do with verizon? I'm vodafone.de
    VCAST Rhapsody - no idea
    Default Ringtones - are these the pre-loaded ones? like for the alarm and so on?

Which of these do I absolutely need to have to ensure the phone still works? Which are basically just options which don't have any impact on the functioning of the phone? Not sure if it helps but I have a 9500, on vodafone.de network.

Apart from that, there are three other options I wanted to ask about.

Fix my MMS
    Fix Lock
    Fix Quick Launch

I'm guessing these need to be clicked before the final Shrink my OS option?

And from Shrink A OS, clicking on the "Launch Loader.exe" button, the phone needs to be already connected to the pc yeah? Disconnected from internet or no? Not sure about this last part.

Anyways, sorry for all the q's. I am doing a lot of reading and trying to figure it out on my own, but wanted to check about the shrinking part is all.

If I've said/written anything wrong about my steps, please let me know.
    you can remove EVERYTHING and the phone still works just fine. these are all extra things. you just have to decide what you want and dont. the only thing i kept was the default font cuz that generic font.....just.....yuk

EDIT...im on VZW with the 9530...but i believe the 9500 is the same software, but id make sure with someone that knows for sure first
    Last edited by unseenme; 05-16-09 at 05:04 PM. Reason: add information
    05-16-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD