Can't imagine this hasn't been asked before but I can't find it.

After you shrink your OS it comes up and says it has been shrunk.

I click loader and it never "sees" my phone.

I always have to back out to the loader folder in C: and do it from there. Does that still load the shrunk version?
    04-17-10 10:29 AM
    It shrinks the OS folder before you load it. It doesn't shrink anything on your phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 10:37 AM
    I know that. That's what I'm asking. If I shrink the OS. Close the program. go to the Loader in C:/CF/RIM/Apploader and load it from there (because that always "sees" my phne). Does it load the shrunk version. In other words, does SAOS actually shrink the OS folder permanently or does it temporarily hold a shrunk copy that it then loads from the loader within SAOS. Sorry my wording is confusing I know.
    Last edited by jiggyb; 04-17-10 at 10:52 AM.
    04-17-10 10:41 AM
    I have done that same exact step..It does still shrink out the files because if you go open the Java folder that will be loaded you will see a file at the top labeled "removed files" if im not mistaken...so once you shrink, you are still good to go even if you have to back out of the APP

I know that.
    04-17-10 10:51 AM
    I just reread and understand now. The loader does that for me sometimes too. I don't know why either but it always works the 2nd time I open Shrink an OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 10:51 AM
    I have done that same exact step..It does still shrink out the files because if you go open the Java folder that will be loaded you will see a file at the top labeled "removed files" if im not mistaken...so once you shrink, you are still good to go even if you have to back out of the APP
    That's the same logical deduction I used
    04-17-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD