Hey everyone,

Is there a way that you can set the phone so you can see the password you type and not only those annoying ****?

I'm the only user on the phone so I would rather like to see letters!

Thanks

Pierre-Michel
    05-21-09 11:15 AM
    The letters show up for a brief second so you can ensure you're typing the correct password. There is no way to unmask the password as far as I know. I've been doing the BES admin thing for a while...
    05-21-09 11:18 AM
    i've been wondering this myself for a while now...
    05-21-09 11:19 AM
    That's what I was afraid of...So I'll continue to type my password like a ****** and check that letter for the half-second that it's showing..

I'm surprise that there's no iPhone user to come around and nag me about it : " the iPhone does it....Bla bla bla..."

Thanks anyway!
    05-21-09 12:56 PM
    RIM has always been known for good security. The passwords aren't hidden as you type to keep other users of the phone from seeing them, they're hidden so the guy sitting beside you in the coffee shop can't see your password as you type. I know its annoying, but the phone isn't an Iphone, its a Blackberry, and not only does it do a good job of being a wonderful toy, it is rated to carry top secret information under the proper conditions.
    05-21-09 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD