Yes, the storm has fast and reliable email. The problem begins once the email reaches the storm. lol
    Have you even used the Storm?
    11-21-08 07:19 PM
    Yes, the storm has fast and reliable email. The problem begins once the email reaches the storm. lol
    Heh. Actually I'm a frustrated Bold wannabe. I wish I had AT&T.
    11-21-08 07:19 PM
    Have you even used the Storm?
    I've been using the storm since about 8:30 AM EST.
    Last edited by uqmoore; 11-21-08 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added "AM"
    11-21-08 07:22 PM
    i agree or just get the bold
    11-21-08 07:23 PM
    UQMoore is a phone geek!!!
    11-21-08 07:24 PM
    i agree or just get the bold

Is there even a prayer that VZ will have it this spring?
    11-21-08 07:25 PM
    Anybody wanna buy my storm? i'm about to smash it with a hammer. just a regular days worth of texting and my thumbs are tired from that damn surepress POS. i keep switching back to my curve when i want to text cause its so much more comfortable. I think the bold will be a better phone for me even if i have to switch to AT&T
    11-21-08 07:26 PM
    I think a lot of folks miss the point of BB. It is designed mainly for communication...HOWEVER, it does just fine as a PMP...I really can't think of anything else I would like to have the Storm do for me. It is efficent as a communication device in everyway...Verizon's system helps this allot IMO. As far as the media....don't really need an Ipod or a Zen (I do have both, but don't use them too much anymore)...I just want one device to carry with me that has the best communication options, easy to use and is reliable...I get that with BB and Verizon....the rest is icing and everybody knows sometimes the icing is the best part. The Storm is pretty cool IMO, I like it...and I'm sorry to say I can move around on a touch screen much faster than with a trackball...I will note that I work in a high tech hospital where 75% of the medical equiptment is touchscreen operated. Its the future, get use to it.
    11-21-08 07:44 PM
    If you're saying you can scroll a long page faster on the storm than random trackball and/or keyboard device X, you lie!!!

Any medical equipment responsible for entering patient information is more efficient with a keyboard than a touch screen. This wont change in the future, sorry.
    11-21-08 07:54 PM
    For those that have the storm and are complaining about the surepress, have you tried another touchscreen before? Have you played with an iphone before?

Reason why I'm asking is because I don't see why anyone would compare the storm to the curve/bold. It's a totally different phone. From all the reviews before the phone even came out, everybody said you'll be typing a whole lot slower. So why would you go out and buy a storm and then start complaining that you can't type text/emails fast enough.

Another thing, I think you should give it a few days of use before you come to a final conclusion. Being that it doesn't have a physical qwerty keyboard and it's all touchscreen I would assume it would take some time getting used to. When I went from a dumb phone to a 700p I was having a hard time adapting and was getting frustrated. Then once I got used to it I couldn't see myself going back to a dumb phone. Same thing when I went to a curve from a 700p, I was having trouble with the trackball and non-touchscreen. But again, once I got used to it I couldn't see myself going back to a treo. So I think if you guys just give it a few days, maybe you'll get faster at typing on it. Then once the updates start coming in, maybe you won't regret keeping the phone. And I'm sure everybody knew it was going to still have bugs with the first batch of storms.

That being said, stop b****ing.
    11-21-08 08:05 PM
    I've been using the storm since about 8:30 AM EST.
    lol I bet you're going to post a "Hey i'm starting to like it" thread tomorrow night. btw while you're at it can you tell me how to spend my money too? I'm completely lost
    11-21-08 08:07 PM
    I really love my Curve with the exception that I cannot view Flash videos on it.

You know, I can view videos on You Tube, but not if the video is directly on a website, and I also cannot view Camtasia videos on my Curve.

Can flash videos be viewed on the Storm?
    11-21-08 08:08 PM
    If you are saying I dont understand why anyone wants the storm over the curve, you are correct. I dont understand why getting a big screen is worth losing what makes a blackberry a blackberry

The Storm is basically an xv6700 with better messaging.

This is the biggest problem I come into everyday is that people have such set opinions that they think that everyone has to agree and or like what they like... This is not the case 90 percent of the time so instead of everyone arguing about it lets get past the flaming and such and move onto getting things working for us and enjoying our new gadgets...

BTW THIS IS A GENERAL STATEMENT NOT POINTED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR INCLUDING THE QUOTED POSTER
    11-21-08 08:24 PM
    > have you tried another touchscreen before? Have you played with an iphone before?

I've used other touch screens. I'm able to type on the iphone pretty fast. I'm also able to type pretty well on my xv6700's screen with a third party app. Surepress is inherently slower than typing on other touch screens because press and release takes time.

> Reason why I'm asking is because I don't see why anyone would compare
    > the storm to the curve/bold. It's a totally different phone.

The storm is compared to the curve and bold because they are all blackberryies, obviously.

> From all the reviews before the phone even came out, everybody said you'll
    > be typing a whole lot slower. So why would you go out and buy a storm and
    > then start complaining that you can't type text/emails fast enough.

Good question. Personally, I was hoping it wasn't as bad as the reviews said. I was wrong.

> That being said, stop b****ing.

If the ppl that actually bought the phone are b****ing if they say they dont like it, what do you say to ppl that are defending a phone they never owned?

Exactly.
    11-21-08 08:43 PM
    This is the biggest problem I come into everyday is that people have such set opinions that they think that everyone has to agree and or like what they like... This is not the case 90 percent of the time so instead of everyone arguing about it lets get past the flaming and such and move onto getting things working for us and enjoying our new gadgets...

BTW THIS IS A GENERAL STATEMENT NOT POINTED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR INCLUDING THE QUOTED POSTER
    Set opinions are fine as long as you have a compelling argument, IMO. Conviction is good.
    11-21-08 08:48 PM
    I personally think that everyone should give it a few days before making a final conclusion. Like I said before, you need to give it some time to get used to.

I'm not trying to defend something that I don't have either. I'm getting my Storm on Monday but I'll make sure I really test it before I start complaining. But I sure won't complain about all the bugs, cause like everyone else knows, electronics are not at their best on the first batch.
    11-21-08 08:51 PM
    After 15 minutes on display model at vzw today I said hayyyllll no to the storm.
    I actually work alot on it and this storm is not for the power user. Consumer device tht is cute and slow as heck.

Build quality is sub par in person. buttons look fake and cheap. Screen is actually annoying compared to the ease of the i phone screen.

Bold or new curve, only way to go.
    11-21-08 08:52 PM
    lol I bet you're going to post a "Hey i'm starting to like it" thread tomorrow night. btw while you're at it can you tell me how to spend my money too? I'm completely lost
    Well, if an OS re-write comes out before tomorrow night, it's possible.

Money spending tips? Hmm.... how about putting money in a few good stocks!!!
    11-21-08 08:53 PM
    I personally think that everyone should give it a few days before making a final conclusion. Like I said before, you need to give it some time to get used to.

I'm not trying to defend something that I don't have either. I'm getting my Storm on Monday but I'll make sure I really test it before I start complaining. But I sure won't complain about all the bugs, cause like everyone else knows, electronics are not at their best on the first batch.
    I haven't even mentioned the bugs.

I plan to play with it through the holidays. The sucky part is that I had planned to sell my curve but that ain't happening now.
    11-21-08 09:01 PM
    i had a curve-now gone to storm. NO GOING BACK. Old is old. New is new.
    11-22-08 05:14 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD