So I dropped right into Verizon's forums just to **** around and blow up some peoples skirts. (Because sometimes it's fun to cause troubles.)

Anyhow, so I am looking through everyone complaining on their .75 OS sucking, and how to upgrade out of it, and how to increase making their phone more stable by giving them a few links to crackberry etc.

Within seriously 30 seconds of the post, (On an EXTREMELY DEAD forum site) I get this message.

Removed Post

* Add BradC to Friends
    * |
    * Ignore BradC

Date: 05-13-2009 07:31 AM
    Hi oI_Platinum_Io,

I’m sorry to let you know that your recent post, Re: Blackberry Storm Update .141 - Any update?, has been removed because it violates Verizon's community guidelines, which prohibit: inappropriate material.

Discussion of illegal activities or providing links to other websites containing such information is not permitted.

Please feel free to post a revised message as we value your contributions and view your participation as vital to the community’s success!

You can review our policies here.

Thanks for your help in keeping the Verizon forums a friendly, productive environment for all members.

Regards,

Brad
    05-13-09 09:39 AM
    Wow; talk about censorship
    05-13-09 09:47 AM
    Maybe Verizon thinks that CRACKberry.com is something related with pot, or maybe I have some pr0n in my Storm that I don't know about.
    /checking my storm
    05-13-09 09:52 AM
    Or maybe they want to continue to keep there forums to a low member count. I mean who really wants a community of people that can help you better then there actual staff.

It makes sense........
    05-13-09 09:55 AM
    Maybe Verizon thinks that CRACKberry.com is something related with pot, or maybe I have some pr0n in my Storm that I don't know about.
    /checking my storm
    too bad crack and pot are totally different things
    05-13-09 10:00 AM
    So they don't want any posts about leaked OS's or hybrids?? I bet their Rants and Raves forum makes CB's look like a Captain Kangaroo marathon!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by unseenme; 05-13-09 at 10:04 AM.
    05-13-09 10:01 AM
    So they don't want any posts about leaked OS's or hybrids?? I bet their Rants and Raves forun makes CB's look like a Captain Kangaroo marathon!!

lol, not to mention there tight assed mods are a joke. I was grilling them on questions about blackberries etc and all they could say was "I haven't been trained on that yet."

You haven't been trained on battery pulls? or resending service books?

Crazy.
    05-13-09 10:05 AM
    Ha ha you should post links to telus, bell and Vodafone official rim site and see what they say. Lol.

05-13-09 10:12 AM
    Those people are clueless.... certainly explains why they keep missing bugs left and right. People on here can say what they want about "the general public doesn't know how to properly test OS software", but I beg to differ. When a company (i.e. Voda, Bell, Telus) release OS versions that have bugs in them that are easier to find then a pimple on your azz, that speaks volumes of the "professional testing capabilities" of these companies and their employees. Epic phail!

People in our position will always outsmart and outtest all the wannabe nerds in the labs. You write the software, we crack it... simple as that. It's happened with WinMo devices, it's happened with PSP handhelds and it's starting to happen with Blackberries... believe that.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 05-13-09 at 10:19 AM.
    05-13-09 10:17 AM
    *checks his azz for pimples*

Whew!

Lyric and Crackman should combine their hybrid and sell it to em. I've yet to find a bug in it...tho its as slimmed as JJ from Good Times...

05-13-09 10:34 AM

Whew!

Lyric and Crackman should combine their hybrid and sell it to em. I've yet to find a bug in it...tho its as slimmed as JJ from Good Times...

Check my sticky post in the OS section... bet a few still linger...
    05-13-09 10:56 AM
    Wow. Just wow. How super lame can THEY be?
    05-13-09 11:08 AM
    couldn't we get some of our users to make a hybrid? that way we get the best of both worlds without the side effects? shrinkadrug!!!
    05-13-09 12:23 PM

Whew!

i found a couple too, and i suxxxorz at finding bugs THAT hidden lmao. they do a good job of getting the ones preventing you from using services, but a lot of the issues don't go away because the issue has always existed, and there is no code or file that DOESN'T have the issues.
    05-13-09 12:25 PM
    If you keep the masses stupid, they don't realize the scope of the problems with .75.
    05-13-09 12:28 PM
    i found a couple too, and i suxxxorz at finding bugs THAT hidden lmao. they do a good job of getting the ones preventing you from using services, but a lot of the issues don't go away because the issue has always existed, and there is no code or file that DOESN'T have the issues.
    Every phone I've ever had was bug-infested in some way. They'll never be bug-free....if they can just fix the major stuff. People who expect 100% perfection will never be happy.

BTW...welcome back patcheypoo

...ya ban-wh0re

05-13-09 12:32 PM
    If you keep the masses stupid, they don't realize the scope of the problems with .75.
    When I worked at VZW, I�ve always preached that educated customers are good customers. They know what they want and don't ask "which phone is better?" all the time....that gets old really fast. I�d end up selling people's grandma's enV and voyagers, lmfao. Then they'd call and complain they're too complicated. Well? You get what you ask for, not my fault you didn't know what you were asking for.

Even worse than uneducated customers are educated customers who are still id-10t-s..."I went to college at Stanford...", but your 2.3 GPA screams volumes about your intelligence.

Since this is just a big off topic Charlie Foxtrot, I�ll tell you a story...

I was in the escalation queue, and this guy was calling in for 2 days straight, and he'd ask the reps what college they went to...if it was a good school, he'd hang up. If it were a bad school, or didn't go to school, then he'd start to basically talk down to the rep, "you're so stupid for not going to college! I went to Harvard, blah blah blah". (I forget what school it actually was, but this guy was a total 7001 to the max!)

so they get wind of this after a few reps tell their sups, and notes on the account, etc. so one of the reps in my center gets his call, and escalates to one of my good friends who also sits next to me in the same escalation team. he is a bigger smart @$$ than I am, and just gives it to this guy, totally plays along and just sits there, debating the merits of college, etc...all the while we're getting our call routing team to flag his account so that if he calls in and enters his MTN (phone number, this is the education part. MTN = vzwspeek for phone number) the call gets routed to corporate security...I actually got the call transferred from my friend to me; we all had a pretty good time with this guy. My sup would plug in and listen to our calls with this guy, it was a laugh riot! I�m sure he was legally "mentally handicapped" or something, idk if he was making up the fact that he went to college or something...but it sucked for the reps, but fun for me I emailed all the reps who noted his account for his treatment, and told them the story (in more detail than now, this is like a year ago almost) and they all emailed back "lmfao! He deserved it! Good work 'aka patches' "
    05-13-09 12:42 PM
    Every phone I've ever had was bug-infested in some way. They'll never be bug-free....if they can just fix the major stuff. People who expect 100% perfection will never be happy.

...ya ban-wh0re

i contribute information to this site, help countless people, and cheer half a million people up with my "comedy" and i get banned once, and that's what i'll be remembered for...wtf?
    05-13-09 12:42 PM
    i contribute information to this site, help countless people, and cheer half a million people up with my "comedy" and i get banned once, and that's what i'll be remembered for...wtf?
    Kinda like the Storm....it'll be remembered for its shotty software instead of bein the first touchscreen 'berry.

05-13-09 02:30 PM
    Kinda like the Storm....it'll be remembered for its shotty software instead of bein the first touchscreen 'berry.

i wish i could hate you for that...but its too damn funny!

patches = storm

unique and wonderous in its own way, will always be remebered for their faults.

thats going in my obituary if/when i ever die...
    05-13-09 03:27 PM
    not as far as uncle sam is concerned
    05-13-09 04:05 PM

...ya ban-wh0re

I don't ask for much, but when you release an OS update that has bugs in it that weren't in .75, there's a problem.

Take a look at the properties of the keyboard cod file. The description on the file has "prototype" in it for heaven's sake.

05-13-09 04:16 PM
    i wish i could hate you for that...but its too damn funny!

patches = storm

unique and wonderous in its own way, will always be remebered for their faults.

thats going in my obituary if/when i ever die...
    Unfortunately its the modern-day world...

I don't ask for much, but when you release an OS update that has bugs in it that weren't in .75, there's a problem.

Take a look at the properties of the keyboard cod file. The description on the file has "prototype" in it for heaven's sake.

Haven't delved into the file properties yet but ya have a point there...after this many beta's you'd wonder why any file would still say "prototype"

05-13-09 05:06 PM
    Well now we know vzw is totally control happy. You know the longer they wait to approve a new OS the more time it gives people time to truly start to dislike whats going on and eventually will cost them customers.

I actually love messing with the leaks and making my own hybrids off of crackman and lyricidals hybrids., but there are a lot of people who are not as tech savvy or just plain don't want to mess with leaks. It's very apparent that vzw has to much control over RIM's OS and obviously from reading this post they don't want people to know about a leaked OS or just plain have a clue of whats going on.
    05-13-09 05:23 PM
    Mission critical....

Assault vzw forums with helpful "CRACK" threads.....

05-13-09 05:34 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD