I got rid of my storm. Got a 8900, I needed the UMA and WIFI as I am on Tmobile. Even on the .148 if I shut the network off it would reboot the phone..
    06-25-09 08:47 PM
    Does anyone know when about when the storm 2 will be released??

I just bought the storm 1 and i like it.
    Yes, the lag kills me somethings, most of the time the phone is great.
    I've owned the storm 1 for less than a week and i'm very tempted to swap it out and get the Tour when it releases in July.

any thoughts??
    06-26-09 09:38 AM
    Does anyone know when about when the storm 2 will be released??
    Release date/timeframe seems to be mere speculation at this point. No official word. You may find some useful info in these threads:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...-think-230821/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/it...-month-249169/
    06-26-09 10:45 AM
    Release date/timeframe seems to be mere speculation at this point. No official word. You may find some useful info in these threads:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/st...-think-230821/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/it...-month-249169/

Thanks!
    I read through both threads and it looks like everyone is thinking late fall - novemeber-ish. I don't think i'll be waiting that long. The Tour is it. If i didn't but the storm and was under the 30 day return policy pressure would have just waited till then. maybe i'll try to sell the TOUR right before the storm 2 comes out and pay whatever the difference is. anyways. THANKS AGAIN!
    06-26-09 11:03 AM
    I may be new here... but it seems RC has a grudge.
    06-26-09 11:09 AM
    Digital's rational points has been nicely ignored... Good job, RC!

And those point are only complete boloney to you because you know they're true, valid points and can't find a rational argument against it.

I currently have 8 apps running at the same time. Where's this lag that I'm supposed to see?
    Well put Zipster. And thanks for pointing out that RC cannot refute my points.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 01:16 PM
    Well put Zipster. And thanks for pointing out that RC cannot refute my points.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just got a Sony DSC-T90 digital camera and I was really really tempted to record my first video (in HD!) showing how my Storm has no lag whatsoever switching between 13 running applications. And post it on YouTube.

Then I realized that I was going to use my first video on an internet forum argument...
    06-26-09 02:58 PM
    We defend it from overarching generalizations like this. It's the minor subset of owners that are having reliability issues. No one absolutely has to use a "home made OS". There are plenty of people out there that have Storms that run perfectly acceptable with the .148 OS.

The ones that do use the custom OSs are a small subset in their own right that chose to do so. They have the same mentality as the people who jailbreak iPhones. They see things they personally like among the various OSs and combine them into one.
    Bottom line, the OP should at least try it out to see what it's like for himself.
    I had A storm and took it back after 2 1/2 weeks. I'm really beginning to regret that decision. The only problem I really had was that it lagged occasionally. I might end up gettin another Storm and then if possible adding the Storm 2 on a family share or something.
    Last edited by myotherbrotherdarrell; 06-27-09 at 11:01 PM.
    06-27-09 12:23 PM
    Recommend buying a used Storm. Just got mine from a friend for $100. No lags or any other issues. Have the upgraded OS and no apps yet so we'll see, but right now it's great.

Would also recommend looking at a used Omnia as another interim option till Storm 2. It has loads of features/memory. I got one, had it for two weeks, and then had to return it because the loudspeaker volume couldn't go high enough for my particular purposes without distortion. I even got in there and played with the decible settings. That really was my only beef.

IMHO it really is another nice phone if you are looking for a touchscreen as WinMo has come a long way. Then again you may not like WinMo 6.1, many don't.
    06-27-09 04:25 PM
    dude i would wait. I don't like the storm one cause of its screen and stuff.
    06-27-09 06:49 PM
    hey guys just wanted to let you know i have a new storm that im receiving monday my storm got stolen and my insurance is supplying me with a new phone. im looking to sell it if your interested for 325 with a sidio innocase II never used ,car charger,gel case and holdster for the sidio case and screen protectors. i spent well over 325 for the phone and accessories. email me or instant message me at [email protected] if u interested in one ...i can take pictures of the products. Reasonable offers also welcomed.
    Last edited by grmntoy; 06-27-09 at 10:31 PM. Reason: more info added
    06-27-09 10:29 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD