I have had my S1 for over a year now and really like it. I am eligible for a NE2 upgrade in a few months.

Is the S2 worth the upgrade?

I have an unlimited data plan with Verizon so I am not sure I will really use wifi all that much. Will I have to switch between 3G and wifi or does it switch automatically?

I like my S1 charging dock and I will have to get a new one for the S2.

Is the S2 all that much better?
    04-19-10 05:29 PM
    If you have no problems with app memory and don't need wifi then not a huge difference I needed both so I say YES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 05:31 PM
    I thought my S1 was great until I switched to the S2. Huge screen improvement.
    04-19-10 06:00 PM
    If you have no problem then I'd wait it out for end of the summer to see what devices are coming from RIM.

You will need a new dock for the S2.

I wasn't going to upgrade either but my girl wanted VZW and the Tour so it was buy one get one free. Other then that, I'd still be on my S1. Yes its much better then the S1 but is it worth the $180 for it, eh up to you. I have yet to use Wifi except to test it out and thats it.

Personally, I'm waiting on the 9650. But if your into touch screen then wait until end of summer to see if there are any news about S3. Right not it's rumors.
    04-19-10 06:15 PM
    I say go for it--- upgrade to the Storm2. You'll love it!
    04-19-10 07:01 PM
    If you have no problems with app memory and don't need wifi then not a huge difference I needed both so I say YES.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    actually there is a BIG difference between the s1 and s2. And yes I did own the s1 since its release.
    04-19-10 07:18 PM
    s2 is better.
    04-19-10 07:18 PM
    The Surepress on the Storm2 is way better than Storm1.
    Depends how long you want to wait to upgrade. The rumours on the Storm3 sound pretty cool, but it's probably at least six months away.
    04-19-10 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD