I am using the 9530 on ATT and I have .328 everything works great. I have email, mms, my browser works, no issues with it working at all. Only thing i would like to improve would be the memory usage, I don't have very much memory for apps at all maybe 30mb at most and thats with very little apps on the phone. So my question is should I upgrade to a hybrid OS or will that be more trouble than its worth.
    05-11-10 12:03 PM
    I know lots of people love the hybrid OS's on here, but I shy away from them because of the glitches and I am not a blackberry expert. I am running .328 too and I have no problems with it. If I did I would consider upgrading, but I dont.

30 mb of app memory is pretty good. How many apps are you running now? I have a good many and I boot at about 32-34 mb. Did you shrink the OS? (Take out all the languages etc you wont ever use?) You can gain alot of memory y doing that...
    05-11-10 12:22 PM
    It took me some time before I took the plunge into the hybrid zone.

Now I look for new ones ever day. I curently have lyricidal's 9550/9530 - .669 Hybrid v2 (607/591-Based) loaded on my 9530 (and 9550). prior to, I loaded .591 and ended up downgrading.
    When lyr put this one out a tried it out and am happy again. I have many apps and still load with around 35 for memory.

Keep in mind, if a hybrid does not perform the way it doe for me or the way you expect, you can downgrade back to .328.
    05-11-10 01:13 PM
    If the only reason you're thinking of upgrading or installing a hybrid is because you don't have enough app memory (in your opinion), don't do the upgrade. I actually found that .328 had slightly more memory than any later OS or hybrid. If I was perfectly happy with the OS, I wouldn't upgrade. In my case, I had a few issues with .328 which is why I didn't stay on it (e.g. Voice Dialing didn't work on .328 on my phone).

If you're simply upgrading to gain new free memory, it won't happen. I'll just warn you of that now.

Good luck!
    05-11-10 02:12 PM
    I am using the 9530 on ATT and I have .328 everything works great. I have email, mms, my browser works, no issues with it working at all. Only thing i would like to improve would be the memory usage, I don't have very much memory for apps at all maybe 30mb at most and thats with very little apps on the phone. So my question is should I upgrade to a hybrid OS or will that be more trouble than its worth.
    It doesn't hurt to play around with the different Hybirds... only takes a LOT of time

That said, you might try reinstalling .328, but use Shrink-A-OS to first delete many of the built-in applications that you might not ever use. This might free up a little application memory for you.
    05-11-10 02:27 PM
    I know lots of people love the hybrid OS's on here, but I shy away from them because of the glitches and I am not a blackberry expert. I am running .328 too and I have no problems with it. If I did I would consider upgrading, but I dont.

30 mb of app memory is pretty good. How many apps are you running now? I have a good many and I boot at about 32-34 mb. Did you shrink the OS? (Take out all the languages etc you wont ever use?) You can gain alot of memory y doing that...
    I haven't shrunk the OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-10 04:36 PM
    You should do that if memory is your big issue. You can use Desktop Manager to get rid of alot of stuff. Let me know if you arent sure how.
    05-11-10 04:40 PM
    krypto the only issue I can think of is, I don't get very good signal in low signal areas compared to my wifes BB curve. Is there a better radio file I can load on this OS.

05-11-10 04:41 PM
    yeah, I would like to know this too as my Radio is awful where I live.
    05-11-10 05:35 PM
    My experience has been that .591 has a better Radio Reception, but battery life is not quite as good. Which is an ok trade off for me. I'm using 9550/9530 - .669 Hybrid v2 (607/591-Based) by lyricidal
    05-11-10 05:46 PM
    I thought it was possible to just switch the radio file instead of the whole OS or am I wrong? Thanks.
    05-11-10 05:48 PM
    I thought it was possible to just switch the radio file instead of the whole OS or am I wrong? Thanks.
    I am wondering this too
    05-11-10 06:06 PM
    Yes... and no.

Read this thread for a rundown on what the Radio File really is...
    SFI vs COD's - Attempt to explain (basically it is the core of the OS, not just a simple radio setting as you might expect)

I have in the past "Swapped" my Radio File using "Shrink-A-OS", sometimes it works fine and sometime it just does not play well with the rest of the OS.
    05-11-10 06:33 PM
    i would update it,,,i always updated it bcuz i like sumth new
    05-11-10 06:35 PM
    Scalemaster good explination

05-11-10 08:56 PM
    Here is my two cents, from experience... .328 is relatively stable, it leaks memory, has average battery life and fair signal strength, and has a few issues (like that damn dimming in landscape that drove me crazy). .419 (choose the more recent build, like MTS or Sasktel) is very stable, with very good battery life, and good reception, it leaks memory more slowly than 328 and is a great OS. The new 9530 .591 leak has great reception, fair battery, and excellent memory management (with no 3rd party apps, only BBM, BB browser, ect, I lost NO memory in four days of constant use) 591 has bigger bugs than both 419 and 328, but is very liveable IF signal strength and memory stability are your main concern.

IF you need more application memory on your storm you should delete the wallpaper CODs from your java folder (see CIVIC's post). You can also use Shrink-a-os. I usually delete out all the VAD CODs (voice activated dialing) cuz I don't use it, and I delete out all the GMAIL CODs. I'm running about ten apps and boot at 45megs.

Hybrids are VERY hit and miss. Some are great, some start great and then start to lose memory or battery life, and some are missing functions or options and crash and frustrate you. Its your phone, and if you want to play then go for it. Again, just my two cents
    05-13-10 11:03 PM
    i agree....hybrids are very hit and miss, i dunno which ones work on my phone. I only picked out lyricidal because his was so easy to figure out, really did everything itself. They say they vary on your phone so who knows. Im trying out the OOAKDPC 692 as we speak and see how my phone reacts with this one instead.
    05-14-10 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD