I love my Storm but there are so many websites I want to visit that require flash video and I can't open the video because it's not supported. For example, I tried to open a video on National Geographic but couldn't because Flash isn't supported on the Storm. Should I return the Storm for a Windows Mobile phone?
    03-20-09 12:41 PM
    That's a decision only you can make. If your primary reason for owning a smartphone is web browsing then I say jump ship as you would probably be better served by a device that has flash lite support AND wifi. It it were me, I wouldn't touch windows mobile, I would just look for a decently priced netbook and let my phone be a phone........
    03-20-09 12:57 PM
    Windows mobile sucks. I just upgraded to a storm from the HTC S720 running windows mobile 6. If you people think the storm has glitches, you should try the windows mobile stuff. The phone wasn't capable of half the things the storm is, and it usually didn't work for one reason or another.

Battery life is also another major reason to stick with the BB. My windows mobile phone got maybe 6-8 hours per charge on little to no use. My BB gets a full day of moderate use with no problems.
    03-20-09 02:02 PM
    Thanks Armedtank. It's a tradeoff I have to think about. This may sound like a stupid question, but if browsing the web(with the FANTASTIC Storm display) or watching other types of video isn't a main reason for buying the Storm, then what is the advantage of buying the Storm over other Blackberries?
    03-20-09 02:03 PM
    I love my Storm but there are so many websites I want to visit that require flash video and I can't open the video because it's not supported. For example, I tried to open a video on National Geographic but couldn't because Flash isn't supported on the Storm. Should I return the Storm for a Windows Mobile phone?
    I came from a Windows Mobile phone to the Storm. Flash Light works on WM, but it's nothing special.

If flash is the deal breaker, then feel free to jump back, but I must say as buggy as the storm may be, I'm loving it over my previous phone.
    03-20-09 02:10 PM
    Sounds to me like you want a netbook.
    03-20-09 02:47 PM
    since u asked- if flash is high on your priority list, then by all means, you need to use a phone that supports it. i'm not one to convince anyone to keep a particular phone. on the flip side of that- i wouldn't go back to win mo even if they were giving them away for free.
    03-20-09 02:51 PM
    Thanks for all the advise. I think I'll keep the Storm because overall it is far superior to the Windows Mobile phones I've had. But does anyone know of a program that converts flash video into something that can be used by the storm. I'm thinking of those times when I might want to download something from my computer to my Storm for later viewing(podcast, tv show, etc).
    03-20-09 03:03 PM
    Thanks for all the advise. I think I'll keep the Storm because overall it is far superior to the Windows Mobile phones I've had. But does anyone know of a program that converts flash video into something that can be used by the storm. I'm thinking of those times when I might want to download something from my computer to my Storm for later viewing(podcast, tv show, etc).
    *** iPod ***
    03-20-09 03:05 PM
    Thanks Armedtank. It's a tradeoff I have to think about. This may sound like a stupid question, but if browsing the web(with the FANTASTIC Storm display) or watching other types of video isn't a main reason for buying the Storm, then what is the advantage of buying the Storm over other Blackberries?
    Browsing the web is a problem if have a need for flash, but you will not get that in any Blackberry until RIM and Adobe decide to do something about it.

Don't get me wrong, the multimedia experience on the Storm will be better than other Blackberries because of the large screen. That along with the 3.2 mp camera and gps make the Storm the ideal multimedia choice if you want to stay with RIM. It really is an impressive piece of hardware. The large screen size also works well for email and messaging.

My point was if you need flash and/or wi-fi, you will need to look elsewhere as I would not expect either on the Storm anytime soon. Hope this helps......
    03-20-09 03:38 PM
    Yes, I have to agree.

If flash is important to you, than you'll need a device that can do what you need.

Return it...
    03-20-09 04:23 PM
    there is now a $30 fee on your next phone everytime you return one... just keep that in mind.. i loved my treo and yes it always messed up, but i love my storm and it always messes up to.. but my sister has the dare and it seems cooler than my phone sometimes.... and those tiny little pc's are cute and easier to type on
    03-20-09 06:41 PM
    Flash really isnt done well on a phone yet...the Storm is not good...an HTC phone is the only way to do Windows Mobile so you can get Custom ROM's. iPhone is a great experience but no flash. Maybe you would be better suited getting a netbook or something and just buy a phone.
    03-20-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD