07-15-10 08:30 PM
34 12
tools
    AMEN bro. The S1 is a fine device, so long as you upgrade your OS and delete everything you won't use. If I was in the market right now I would buy the S2 if you can afford it, just a better overall feel to it. My S1 has served me well but when the 9800 comes out I really want that phone!
    Exactly. When something MUCH better comes along I'll move on from my S1. The S2 is NOT worth me spending an extra $300+ to upgrade to (I'm in the middle of the contract). Maybe by the time my NE2 comes up the S3 will be out and I'll jump on it. If I want a quick fix of speed and memory power I have my Omnia II though...

This is the usual insult thrown at those of us who actually require the product we bought to work as advertised. That some how if we are dissatisfied with the poor performance of this piece of crap we are immature children.

The other insult often spouted is that we are some sort of tech imbeciles incapable of using a product beyond our intellects. "Dude upgrade to .......'s hybrid xxx"

The phone is/was substandard from the start and RIM/Verizion's response was awful. Read the reports on any testing site, phone reseller etc.

My storm is unlocked and I used it when traveling because I could put a foreign SIM in and at least have a local phone. THAT and ONLY THAT can recommend this RIM/Verizion insult to their long term customers. If you don't travel, get a good phone. I'd sell you mine but $25 would be ripping you off! $200 is robbing you blind.
    You're not immature children because you don't like something that sucks. You just think it sucks. That you and others are too lazy (like most of our society today) to do anything about it on your own is no one else's fault. Yeah, RIM dropped the ball but the BBHybrids community picked it up and ran a marathon with it. Lyricidal's hybrids are genius, then you add Shrink A OS into it and the Storm 1 is a monster (assuming you only install the apps you need). The hardware is outdated no doubt but Lyricidal and other hybrid makers are stretching it to the limits using software. If only people like you existed we'd have no Import Tuners or American Muscle fanatics. Of course the bare product sometimes sucks, bu you mod it and it becomes something great. Honda Civics are weak little things out of the factory, but you slap in a B20 and a T3/T4 turbo and it'll have a modded Mustang GT for breakfast. Maybe if you actually tried out the S1 with the latest hybrid you'd understand. I use Androids and iPhones all the time and they don't impress me much. They do impress the sheep of the world though, obviously...

I'd stay away from the Storm1 at most any price, the Storm2 is a much better device... as are many other smartphones on the market today.

If the Storm was such a great phone... the Storm forums here on Crackberry would not be full of so many complaints and request for help.
    See above post. People are just plain lazy nowadays. Want everything on a silver platter and with all the trimmings.
    07-09-10 02:37 PM
    That you and others are too lazy (like most of our society today) to do anything about it on your own is no one else's fault. Yeah, RIM dropped the ball but the BBHybrids community picked it up and ran a marathon with it. Lyricidal's hybrids are genius, then you add Shrink A OS into it and the Storm 1 is a monster (assuming you only install the apps you need). The hardware is outdated no doubt but Lyricidal and other hybrid makers are stretching it to the limits using software. If only people like you existed we'd have no Import Tuners or American Muscle fanatics. Of course the bare product sometimes sucks, bu you mod it and it becomes something great. Honda Civics are weak little things out of the factory, but you slap in a B20 and a T3/T4 turbo and it'll have a modded Mustang GT for breakfast. Maybe if you actually tried out the S1 with the latest hybrid you'd understand. I use Androids and iPhones all the time and they don't impress me much. They do impress the sheep of the world though, obviously...

See above post. People are just plain lazy nowadays. Want everything on a silver platter and with all the trimmings.
    What an idiotic comment. So we are not imbeciles or immature in your words, just lazy. Such weak analysis and then to compare Lyric to tuners. Wow.

We appreciate the hybrid builders efforts. But be honest, Lyricidal et al are spending their time and talent trying to get the phone to work as advertised because as YOU said "RIM dropped the ball". There it is in your own words, from a fan of the Storm. End of argument!

Tuners on the other hand are taking machines that ALREADY work as advertised, and put their efforts into improving their performance for the fun of it. (Same for over clockers in the comp world) I've owned 3 civics my self and I would never compare those machines to a Storm. That is a serious insult to Honda.

Further, you should beware of assumptions, you assume I have not tried the hybrids. You state that people like me are a detriment to the world because you think we are not pushing the envelope. You trust you know the old addage about "assuming."

At any rate, My modded SV1000 will smoke the turbo civcc, Mustang and almost anything on 4 wheels, so there.
    07-09-10 03:30 PM
    What an idiotic comment. So we are not imbeciles or immature in your words, just lazy. Such weak analysis and then to compare Lyric to tuners. Wow.

We appreciate the hybrid builders efforts. But be honest, Lyricidal et al are spending their time and talent trying to get the phone to work as advertised because as YOU said "RIM dropped the ball". There it is in your own words, from a fan of the Storm. End of argument!

Tuners on the other hand are taking machines that ALREADY work as advertised, and put their efforts into improving their performance for the fun of it. (Same for over clockers in the comp world) I've owned 3 civics my self and I would never compare those machines to a Storm. That is a serious insult to Honda.

Further, you should beware of assumptions, you assume I have not tried the hybrids. You state that people like me are a detriment to the world because you think we are not pushing the envelope. You trust you know the old addage about "assuming."

At any rate, My modded SV1000 will smoke the turbo civcc, Mustang and almost anything on 4 wheels, so there.
    The Storm 1 does work as advertised out of the box, it's just sloppy, slow and buggy. Kind of like a Civic out of the factory. On both, the hardware is solid reliable and strong, just not optimized to the highest level possible (software on the Storm sucks balls). Which is where tuners or programmers like Lyricidal come in to play. Can you process that analogy?

If you have used the hybrids and still think the Storm is not a solid performer you're just ridiculous. It'll never be a speed demon or have 256 MB of memory but for what it is it can be modified to get to a very good level and once there I wouldn't trade it for the crap that's out now. I'll either wait for the S3 or the new Windows Phone 7s.

P.S. Big LOL @ you saying my comparison is stupid, then turning around and saying your motorcycle will beat those cars in a race. LMAO.
    07-09-10 06:47 PM
    Family was travelling out of country just last week. My wifey had to replace her phone so I lent her my 9700 meantime while she visited her side of the family. I was starting to have BB Withdrawal so sifting through Craigs found a Storm 9530 for $140.00 same city I was staying.

I had a Storm 1 (9500) when initially release for a couple weeks though had quickly replaced it with a Bold 9000. Though having it second time in my hand and having OS 5.0 (came with hybrid 497 though downgraded to 419 official, have/had no problems with either), i'm having second thoughts switching back to my 9700 now.

Again, on travel and unfortunately my BIS service is not functional where I am, so basing this on regular phone calls, light texting and media only.

Will give it a shot on my return and see if I can go through a work day gunning through those countless business emails and BBM chats. That'll be a whole other story.

Just food for thought.

P.S. It's nice to have the big screen, and recent OS's did make an improvement.

Maybe what I really need is a 9800 to have both worlds. LOL!
    Last edited by nolan.b; 07-10-10 at 02:22 AM.
    07-10-10 02:15 AM
    Well for me the Storm is hit or miss but I haven't loaded the latest leak yet since my BBSAK doesn't want to recognize the phone even though Windows 7 does. Anyway, if you are interested I can sell you my storm for $125 with all the original packaging minus the ear buds. The phone is in 9/10 condition. Just let me know!
    07-14-10 10:33 AM
    The Storm 1 does work as advertised out of the box, it's just sloppy, slow and buggy. Kind of like a Civic out of the factory. On both, the hardware is solid reliable and strong, just not optimized to the highest level possible (software on the Storm sucks balls). Which is where tuners or programmers like Lyricidal come in to play. Can you process that analogy?

If you have used the hybrids and still think the Storm is not a solid performer you're just ridiculous. It'll never be a speed demon or have 256 MB of memory but for what it is it can be modified to get to a very good level and once there I wouldn't trade it for the crap that's out now. I'll either wait for the S3 or the new Windows Phone 7s.

P.S. Big LOL @ you saying my comparison is stupid, then turning around and saying your motorcycle will beat those cars in a race. LMAO.
    Eternal you're spot on. Storm had a rough start, but it works as advertised. With some tweaking it is actually a really decent device. People just like to vent when they get angry that their device had an error or a glitch. The funny thing is that they usually go on to praise another device with many similar glitches... some people just love to gripe rather than taking matters into their own hands by upgrading or tweaking.
    07-14-10 12:48 PM
    alright, so i didnt go with the 200 price that the guy was giving me and stuck it out for a while. I have a new deal for 130 for a new storm 1.. is it difficult to put on a hyrbid os?
    07-15-10 12:15 PM
    alright, so i didnt go with the 200 price that the guy was giving me and stuck it out for a while. I have a new deal for 130 for a new storm 1.. is it difficult to put on a hyrbid os?
    storm1 for $130? ripoff. lord knows why you want a storm so badly...

it was RIM's half assed attempt at making a full touch screen device. i would suggest a different phone altogether, preferably not from RIM until OS 6.0 arrives..
    07-15-10 06:54 PM
    whatever you do...DO NOT get the storm. If you can afford it, spend the $200 on something else. My Incredible is coming soon, then the storm is gone.
    07-15-10 08:30 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD