With all the talk of the new Storm 2 arriving, I don't want to buy the current Storm on verizon and then get sidelined when the new one comes out in [say] two months. I'm currently an at&t customer looking to switch to verizon.

Then again, would it be stupid to just get a verizon curve 8330 and forgo the storm altogether?
    05-30-09 09:29 AM
    Well depends how long you really wanna wait because no one really knows when the storm 2 will come out. And even if it comes out in lets say november which Im going to say it wont thats just my opinion, your still going to end up waiting 6 months to get a new phone.
    05-30-09 09:40 AM
    True.
    I notice your a storm user, i've seen hundreds of reviews.. Do you like it? Is the browser full html like on a computer? [i've heard sometimes it wont show the full website..]
    05-30-09 09:57 AM
    I love my Storm. I've had it since 12/08. Its as much a hobby right now as it is a phone. I use it for work and personal use. Messaging options with Blackberry are great. Never had a Blackberry before this one so I don't mind the touch screen. Current .148 software isn't to bad although like everyone there are always things that could be better. Whether or not to wait depends on your patience.
    05-30-09 10:02 AM
    You should just go with your heart and not by what a bunch of Crack(Berry)heads say about it ;-)

Some people hate it, others (like myself) love it. Its just a matter of opinion. And I guess the phones of those who hate it have given them a lot of trouble and the opposite for those who love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 10:09 AM
    I know that. I just want peoples opinions that have the device so i know some of what to look for when i purchase a new bb.
    05-30-09 10:14 AM
    True.
    I notice your a storm user, i've seen hundreds of reviews.. Do you like it? Is the browser full html like on a computer? [i've heard sometimes it wont show the full website..]
    Yeah I love my storm and everything about it, the browser is fine for me, full pages no problems except the load times thats about it but thats only because of all the pictures on each website, and thats when you get different launchers for sites that you visit often. Ive had no problems with my storm nothing at all except for two specs of dust caught under my screen lol. I suggest if you are going to get one just go to your carrier and ask to test one out or find a friend who has one, but if you have time to wait for the storm 2 Id suggest you wait or if you have the money get the storm and when the second comes out just trade up

But either way if you want somthing cool and with technological edge the blackberry storm 1 and 2 (either one) is the way to go, the curve is just a get to the point and get things done kinda phone. All Blackberries are amazing phones.
    05-30-09 10:15 AM
    coming from an iphone, I hated this thing until I updated the firmware..now, with the new firmware that is out, (.148) this thing is as much fun as my iphone was, except for the syncing part with a Mac computer...
    05-30-09 10:20 AM
    1.7 million Storms on Verizon, the phone can't be as bad as you will see some people say on this and other forums, it is the third best selling smart phone in the US. This is the best phone I have ever owned which includes a BB 8830, a couple of Windows Mobile phones, and a bucket full of dumb phones. I believe most of the problems with the Storm are user related with the exception of the screen click issue which is based on poor hardware design but has a couple of easy work arounds to fix. Most of the software related issues that are left after the last few OS updates are minor such as the infamous color banding non-issue.
    05-30-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD