I know this has been discussed time after time but I'm debating if I should go with a storm or not. I'm gonna add a line and give my girlfriend my 8330 but I don't know if it would be a good choice. I've heard many problems with the phone that a hybrid or one of the unofficial leaks may fix but I want some input from storm owners that went from the 8330. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 06:23 PM
    Are you big on texting? Also, are you patient enough to wait about a month for the new BlackBerry Tour and Atlas to come out? AFAIK they aren't touch screen though, if that's what you're after. Personally, I'd wait for the Tour.
    05-17-09 06:26 PM
    i love mine.

loaded .132 last night and all is well. lost my browser for a bit, but that was quickly fixed by searching the forum.

ill say this- if you arent into tinkering and 'playing' with your phone (software-wise), i wouldnt recommend it.

personally- the storm is everything i expected (now, with a leaked OS) and really is a great device.
    05-17-09 06:28 PM
    I love mine. I'm on .75 still. No major problems so far.
    05-17-09 06:29 PM
    Yes, get the Storm. You have 30 days to decide if you'll keep it. "If you text a lot, I'd wait for the...whatever." Bullsh*t! I can text quite quickly on my Storm.
    05-17-09 06:30 PM
    Yes, get the Storm. You have 30 days to decide if you'll keep it. "If you text a lot, I'd wait for the...whatever." Bullsh*t! I can text quite quickly on my Storm.
    Not everyone is the same. For a lot of users, like myself, we tend to type faster on other keyboard-equipped BB's. I think you should get the Storm to see if you like it or not during the 30 days. If not, return it, and then hold out for the Tour.
    05-17-09 06:32 PM
    Well its gonna be the first of june before I can get a verizon phone (alltel merges with vzw in my area on that date)so waiting won't really be a problem. I text a lot though and a touch screen would take a little getting use to but I'm open to that, and the storm has a big screen which would be good for viewing movies and so on.

05-17-09 06:34 PM
    I love my storm. There are so many people bashing the phone and I cant figure out why. My wife got a 8830 friday and I like the storm a lot more. Theres a bunch of people saying wait for the tour. The tour seems pretty sweet but be ready. 98% of the people complaining about the storm will complain about the tour. Some people just love to b*tch about stuff. If your looking for an iPhone on Verizon, the storm isnt for you. If your looking for a solid phone that the present bugs are being worked out of go for it.
    05-17-09 06:34 PM
    I struggle with that decision everyday!
    I got a 8330 and now switched to a Storm 9530.
    Some people complain about the Storm and some people love it.
    I like big screen, coming from a Samsung I-760, but miss keyboard. I loved the 8330 the couple of months that I used it but I am begining to really like the Storm after a couple of weeks because of OS upgrades made it a "new" phone. It is not a phone that you can really like in a day. I had one for a day and half and returned it when it first came out. You will have to give it several weeks of learning it's features and then decide if you like it or not.
    I am saving an upgrade option that I have to maybe try the Tour but right now I almost don't see my doing it because the screen size is not much bigger than the 8330 and while it maybe have more memory and storage than the 8330, it may have bugs while the 8330 is a very solid unit. I would have to see the best PDA Verizon has at this time. I love the scrolling ball for surfing but I am getting used to the Storm.
    I think you will have to decide what you use it for. If you use it for schedules, phone, e-mail and texting and not much net surfing the the 8330 is still your best choice but it net surfing is your thing then the Storm's bigger screen is nice. You can always buy one on Craigslist for a couple hundred bucks like I did with all original stuff and save upgrade.

BTW. I had to call about billing the other day and the costumer service guy was telling me that there is a good possibility that Verizon is coming out with the IPhone on Black Friday and other phones after the Tour will have wifi to work on Verizon system like AT&T. Something about the AT&T and Verizon swaps that they are doing right now and they will start playing nice with each other. Would I stake my life on it? Nope but why would he say something like that?

Good luck
    05-17-09 06:45 PM
    I have played with an iphone before and I really don't like them,once you have a berry any other phone dosent cut it. I had a win mobile q9c and was disgusted at how hard it was to use so its a berry or nothing for me

05-17-09 06:48 PM
    BTW. I had to call about billing the other day and the costumer service guy was telling me that there is a good possibility that Verizon is coming out with the IPhone on Black Friday and other phones after the Tour will have wifi to work on Verizon system like AT&T. Something about the AT&T and Verizon swaps that they are doing right now and they will start playing nice with each other. Would I stake my life on it? Nope but why would he say something like that?

Good luck
    Ha ha! I really hope that you're not holding your breath on that one!
    05-17-09 06:49 PM
    Ha ha! I really hope that you're not holding your breath on that one!

LOL nope breathing as I reply!
    05-17-09 06:51 PM
    I think you'll be very happy with the STORM as long as you don't have long fingernails and you're not dependent on a hardware keyboard. Having said that, I'd encourage you to wait for the STORM 2 - that will be the phone to get.
    05-17-09 07:33 PM
    I miss an actual keyboard and almost gave up on the storm, but after a few weeks I got through the learning curve ('scuse the pun).
    05-17-09 08:19 PM
    I love my storm. It worked great on .75 with no problems and I only upgraded to a leaked OS to see if the grass really is greener and if it was all it was supposed to be cracked up to be. It works great now too .

The touch screen does take some getting used to, but patience and some reading here for tips is all you need.
    05-17-09 08:22 PM
    when i had the storm i was happy with it, but it seemed like the longer i had it the more problems i had with the standard .75 OS. so if you dont mind upgrading your phone and downloading third party apps to make it do simple things(like locking the screen while your on the phone) then i say go for it.
    05-17-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD