if you like bb so much and there's no other phones in mind and your contract is up, just do it!
    07-04-10 10:56 AM
    Dont buy any blackberry products ! they are terrible! Worse than Nokia if could imagine that (when it comes to apps) Nokia has much better apps
    07-04-10 02:16 PM
    Thanks to everyone who has left a comment so far. At the moment this is what i am planning to do.
    1. get the storm2 on a contract
    2. OS 6 will be released, get it on my phone.
    3. by the time im due an upgrade the storm4 should be about to be released

a good plan?
    Whoa there. Let's wait and see if the Storm 3 comes out.
    07-04-10 02:57 PM
    Dont buy any blackberry products ! they are terrible! Worse than Nokia if could imagine that (when it comes to apps) Nokia has much better apps
    Well, that settles it! I'm sure everyone on crackberry will dump their BlackBerries now that you've informed us that apparently our devices suck. Thanks, man. I'm smashing my S2 now.
    07-04-10 02:59 PM
    YES! It is far better than the S1. The screen is remarkable--a big improvement over the S1 which I had for 8 miserable days, back in early 2009. The OS is MUCH improved (the last 3 iterations). No more wobbly, single-button screen. The 4 corner actuators work remarkably well.
    It is somewhat better but the battery life SUCKS compared to the Storm 1!
    07-04-10 03:35 PM
    baloney. Battery life of my S2 is BETTER than the S1's I had. same goes for my wife's S2. If you have a bunch of crap loaded on your phone, then sure, you'll have poor battery life. Blame yourself--don't blame the phone as that's not where the fault lies.
    07-04-10 03:37 PM
    I charge my S2 every night when I'm sleeping.
    I have never had to recharge during the day. Usually have at least 50% left at the end of the day.
    Can't ask for better than that.
    07-04-10 03:47 PM
    You are the one that is full of it...I see you are challenging anyone and everyone that has anything bad to say about RIM's products...Such a FANBOY. I have owned BB's for years and I am calling a spade a spade - All other BB's have had fantastic battery life with the exception of the Storm 2. Mine does not have any 3rd party apps on it, my wife's does not have any 3rd party apps on it and both phones battery life is about 1/2 of the Storm 1's that we replaced. My niece also has the Storm 2 and her battery life sucks as well. So before you go mouthing off like an ***** you should check other threads with many many complaints of battery life. The OP wants an opinion so I gave him my opinion...I am not bashing BB's because that is all I use but the OP needs honest feedback in order to make a proper buying decision.
    07-04-10 03:51 PM
    The iphone, on the other hand, rarely makes it through the day.
    07-04-10 03:53 PM
    You are the one that is full of it...I see you are challenging anyone and everyone that has anything bad to say about RIM's products...Such a FANBOY. I have owned BB's for years and I am calling a spade a spade - All other BB's have had fantastic battery life with the exception of the Storm 2. Mine does not have any 3rd party apps on it, my wife's does not have any 3rd party apps on it and both phones battery life is about 1/2 of the Storm 1's that we replaced. My niece also has the Storm 2 and her battery life sucks as well. So before you go mouthing off like an ***** you should check other threads with many many complaints of battery life. The OP wants an opinion so I gave him my opinion...I am not bashing BB's because that is all I use but the OP needs honest feedback in order to make a proper buying decision.
    Whoa, ease up there, Sparky!
    07-04-10 03:55 PM
    So, in your mind, anyone who doesn't have a Storm problem similar to yours, is a fanboy? I've had my share of complaints about RIM, the S1, 3rd party apps to match the best of the complainers. You don't know SQUAT about my posting history or you wouldn't have invoked the term "fanboy" when addressing me. Color yourself extremely clueless (as well as rude). FOr my calling you clueless, I'll take the rap for being momentarily rude. good day.
    07-04-10 04:26 PM
    I charge my S2 every night when I'm sleeping.
    I have never had to recharge during the day. Usually have at least 50% left at the end of the day.
    Can't ask for better than that.
    Yes, but with the exact same usage when I had the Storm 1 I would have a least 75% left by the end of the day. I am not raving about the Storm 1 by any stretch because it was not a very good phone (self re-booting, severe memory leaks, bad keyboard lag, etc., etc.) but I just found the battery life was far better than the Storm 2's that we have now! Of course the Storm 2's battery life is probably better than other touchscreen phones but that was not what the OP was asking for an opinion about.

Cheers!
    07-04-10 04:27 PM
    So, in your mind, anyone who doesn't have a Storm problem similar to yours, is a fanboy? I've had my share of complaints about RIM, the S1, 3rd party apps to match the best of the complainers. You don't know SQUAT about my posting history or you wouldn't have invoked the term "fanboy" when addressing me. Color yourself extremely clueless (as well as rude). FOr my calling you clueless, I'll take the rap for being momentarily rude. good day.
    I will let you have it your way as I only engage in intellegent conversations and not with children not to mention I also happen to have a life unlike some people that have over 3000 posts in 1 year.

Have a great day!
    07-04-10 04:31 PM
    I will let you have it your way as I only engage in intellegent conversations and not with children not to mention I also happen to have a life unlike some people that have over 3000 posts in 1 year.

Have a great day!

Don't you hate it when you are looking in the mirror as you post and get all confused??
    07-04-10 04:35 PM
    Hi Buwee,

Dont mind if I ask you what you run on your storm2? For example, starting 8AM in the morning fully charge till it almost go flat. What kind of activity you engage using your storm2?

What OS version you are using?

Also do you have the habit of turning on your wifi all the time even not using it?

Also may I know what percentage brightness you set your phone to?

Are you running any theme, wallpaper changer, screen saver?

Do you turn on vibration mode?

Cheers mate!
    07-04-10 04:40 PM
    Just my 2 cents here. Let me start with a preamble here that I absolutely love my Storm 2 and I believe it is a tremendous improvement from Original Storm both in terms of hardware and in the several software updates that have been made available. Battery life has been better than any smartphone that I have used in recent times. (Despite GPS, Wifi radios on 24/7 and Smarter Wallpaper-that switches a different wallpaper every 30 minutes-, I get at least 24 hours battery life with moderate use).

In these fora, I like to read others opinion and tips on the phone's usage and apply it to mine to make my experience better.

For those that have problems with battery usage, I will really suggest that you look over your usage and the sort of applications you have installed. If a lot of users here report good battery life, may be there is something you are not doing right. While it is easy to disparage other and to bash RIM for "such a shoddy job they are doing", it is also your duty to make your experience enjoyable as long as you have this device.
    07-04-10 05:02 PM
    Hi Buwee,

Dont mind if I ask you what you run on your storm2? For example, starting 8AM in the morning fully charge till it almost go flat. What kind of activity you engage using your storm2?

What OS version you are using?

Also do you have the habit of turning on your wifi all the time even not using it?

Also may I know what percentage brightness you set your phone to?

Are you running any theme, wallpaper changer, screen saver?

Do you turn on vibration mode?

Cheers mate!
    Hi titusilvering,

I am running OS 5.17, I usually take my phone off the charger at 7:30am
    I do not use Wifi so it is always off
    Bluetooth is on
    Network Technology is 1XEV
    I use whatever the standard BB theme is and have no 3rd party themes
    Screen Brightness is set to 50, Backlight Timeout is 20 sec
    No wallpaper changer and no screen saver
    I do use vibration mode
    I receive about 30 to 50 emails per day
    I rarely go on the internet
    I use aprox 20 to 30 minutes per day for voice calls
    I do not text but use BBM every now and then for quick messages (avg twice per week)
    My signal strength appears to be normal whenever I look at it (between 3 & 5 bars)

I have tried OS 6.07 as well as a number of hybrids but have had no luck on any of them, The interesting thing is my wife's Storm 2 is getting lousy battery life as well and she use her's far less than I use mine. (she also has no 3rd party apps or themes on her's)

With the above usage my phone is sitting at around 30% by about 8pm in the evening. Dave and others may have been thinking that I was complaining of running out of power during the day but that is not the case. All I was doing was comparing the battery life between the Storm 2's to the Storm 1's that we use to have.

Thanks!
    07-04-10 05:06 PM
    I usually take my phone off the charger at 7:30am

my phone is sitting at around 30% by about 8pm in the evening. Dave and others may have been thinking that I was complaining of running out of power during the day but that is not the case. All I was doing was comparing the battery life between the Storm 2's to the Storm 1's that we use to have.
    Your storm2 battery isn't that bad. To be honest, I would think the storm2 on the average should last around 12hours plus minus. To me that is pretty decent.

Can I ask you 1 more question? did you and your wife brought the storm2 at the same time or same place?

I never have a storm1, so I cannot comment on it. And to be honest again. Battery life and strenght varies. We can buy new phones which come with brand new battery but we never know if its the phone to battery fault.

I would rather hope its the battery not the phone.
    07-04-10 05:28 PM
    To give you an idea on how my storm2 last around 12hours....

Basic daily routine.
    1. Phone calls 30mins.
    2. Wallpaper shifter every 1 minute changes
    3. WLMsn always turn on.
    4. GPS turn on.
    5. IM+ always turn on.
    6. Facebook lightly use.
    7. BeWeather auto update 3hourly.
    8. WC2010 lightly use.
    9. ChNewsAsia news reading 30mins to 1 hour.
    10. Email minus receiving, usually send 10-20 per day out.
    11. Wordpress light use.
    12. Music at least 30mins.
    13. Take picture some time.
    14. Use browser surf web 30mins at least.

My vibrator is off and i use 10% lighting.

I am trying to maintain a good habit by using the menu to properly close/exit applications. So they wont be running or paused in backend.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 07-04-10 at 05:39 PM.
    07-04-10 05:35 PM
    I recently upgraded to an S2, but only because Asurion sent me a brand new one as an insurance replacement after a refurbished S1 turned out to be defective.

The increased memory is great and I'm far happier with the new phone... but I was still planning to wait a couple of months to see when/if the S3 is released instead of upgrading. The new S2 makes the wait a little easier (Okay, a lot easier), but I would have held out for a new release if they hadn't it.

The model cycle for most mobile devices is a year or so. The S2 is currently in month 8 after release, so its successor should be on the way soon. I'd just hold out with the current device if it's working properly.
    07-04-10 05:41 PM
    Your storm2 battery isn't that bad. To be honest, I would think the storm2 on the average should last around 12hours plus minus. To me that is pretty decent.

Can I ask you 1 more question? did you and your wife brought the storm2 at the same time or same place?

I never have a storm1, so I cannot comment on it. And to be honest again. Battery life and strenght varies. We can buy new phones which come with brand new battery but we never know if its the phone to battery fault.

I would rather hope its the battery not the phone.
    Hi,

No, my wife's phone was purchased about 3 months after mine was purchased and at a different retailer. I do not think there is anything wrong with our phones and the battery life we are getting may very well be normal...again all I was doing was comparing the battery life to the S1 which with the same usage was ending up with aprox 75% left by 8pm. I had the S1 for about 1 year and it was pretty consistent although everything else about it was not very good lol.

Cheers
    07-04-10 05:43 PM
    Make sure GPS is turned off.
    GPS sucks back battery life like Coca-Cola.
    07-04-10 06:01 PM
    Make sure GPS is turned off.
    GPS sucks back battery life like Coca-Cola.
    OK, I haven't tried that so I will try it to see it improves

Thanks!
    07-04-10 06:19 PM
    OK, I haven't tried that so I will try it to see it improves

Thanks!
    Hi buwee,
    Please do not take this personal but I will highly recommend that you change your device or the battery if possible. If I use my phone the way you described your usage it last 2 days. For instance, when I am off for a couple of days I only charge my phone every other day. I hope some of the suggestions here will improve the battery life for you. Good luck.
    07-04-10 07:01 PM
    Not to be an echo, but this is NOT confirmed. It's only speculated that the S3 will be released when Verizon deploys LTE, but then again the existence of the S3 hasn't been confirmed yet. If there's no device, then there's no release date.

To the OP: I heard about rumors of the S2 coming since February of '09, and I waited almost an entire year to get mine so I could use my NE2. IMHO, it all depends on how long you're willing to wait to get something you'll be happy with. I waited, checked out the competition, and when it came time I got my S2 and am thoroughly pleased with my decision.

BlackBerry Storm 3 to Be Powered by New OS, LTE 4G, Synaptics Touchscreen

btw, Enterprise is a battery hog. Since I went to BES from BIS, my battery does not make it to 5 pm without a charge now. Its always tryin to push mail now.
    07-05-10 01:53 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD